Continued issues

Bill,

I am almost done my sensor project. I added them to the X, Y and Z up quite a while ago and wouldn’t be without them. I recently solved my issue of how to do a Z down sensor (where the heck do you put it?). Let me get that install completed and I’ll take some photos for you.

I didn’t understand the differences relative to a CNC at the time and got normally open (NO) sensors. Normally Closed (NC) have the advantage of being able to be wired in parallel and alerting you if they fail (as they fail to the Open position) so you know if a sensor is down. If I was doing it again I’d get NC of the same ones I have (inductive), otherwise I wouldn’t change a thing. Love them and wouldn’t be without them. I think they are a must have for any CNC.

-Jeff

Bill,

I made some videos for you so you could see the sensors. More in this post: Inductive Sensors for Homing and Limit Detection

Thanks Jeff, will have a look.

Just a thanks to all that helped, I have actually carved quite a few items, all seems to be working ok now. I have reassemble everything and still working. I did switch to V Carve Pro and reinstalled UGS Platform and it sees the comm port and all is well. Now on to more carving!

had a little time today so thought I would attempt to solve the static charge issue. What I did was solder a wire to the internal spring of the hose, ran the wire down the inside of the hose and soldered it to the other end of the spring, left some wire hanging out and put a banana plug which I then plugged into a ground on power strip. gave it a try on some scrap mdf with my surfacing bit and it seemed to help a lot. no more dust gathering on the hose so possibly a fix or at least a help.

2 Likes