File Loading issues 1.2.2

Oddly the changelog for 1.2.2 (the ā€œcurrentā€ version at this time) says that the file loading issue was fixed, but, all these months later, I just tried out gsender for the first time and it will not load any significant .gcode file [I made via Vectric Desktop] other than some templates that I had set up for flattening work pieces. This really doesnā€™t encourage one as to the usefulness of the tool, and it seems a shame for this version to be the first person a new user sees. I suppose I should try the ā€œedgeā€ version.

@CrookedWoodTex I appreciate the passion but if thereā€™s a problem going on weā€™re happy to investigateā€¦

@Brayvin I havenā€™t heard of the file loading bug continuing into 1.2.2 and seeing as weā€™re at the very Edge of releasing Edge to Main it would be a shame if after all our work on Edge the issue still has persisted. If you want to continue using UGS then I understand, if you still try Edge Iā€™d be very keen to know if it resolves your file loading issue, and otherwise itā€™d be great to know your OS and sample file to try duplicating on our end. This could also be in the form of the ā€˜Diagnostics PDFā€™ within the ā€˜Calibrateā€™ tool

@chrismakesstuff I will be glad to work with you on this. I really like the native gamepad support, and was particularly impressed that the team thought up to add a quick function for flattening. I was out in my below-freezing garage last night for hours trying out gsender and getting it set up only to find the file loading problem (a show stopper since this means it wonā€™t carve most of the small number of projects Iā€™ve done since getting into CNC). Shall we use this thread or some other mechanism?

Just set up a new thread for 1.2.2 so itā€™s distinct from the 1.2.1 thread even though it may well be the same underlaying issue :+1: If you have any other info you can provide then it would greatly help us to know where we might need to look to replicate the issue. Information, g-code, screenshots, videos, any and all are useful :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi-it looks like I am having the same problem-I just updated to 1.2.2 and everything with the machine appears to be working but gsender will not load any file into the visualizer. Is there a fix that I just have not seen?

In my case, I am on Windows 10 Pro 22H2. Whatā€™s really weird is that I shut the PC down after I got frustrated. I came back two days later, booted back up, and have not been able to reproduce the situation. What happens if you ā€œturn it off and back on againā€?

I am using Windows 10 as well. Yes-I tried the reboot-same issue. Tried reverting back to previous version- same problem. I am starting to think something is up with my laptop now. I have another laptop with Windows 11-might try that next. One thing that I noticed was when I was updating to the 1.2.2 originally there was a pop up window that said something about a graphics card being out of date. I chose to ignore that at the time. In retrospect that might not have been the smartest thing to do, but now I donā€™t know how to get back to that update. Might also try to reload 1.2.2 again and see if it comes up again.

Just a follow upā€¦ I tried it again today and this time gsender would not even open. Chalking this one up to old operating software, because I tried my windows 11 computer in place of the one that would not load and I have no issues-running a job as I type this ā€¦on the old computer btwā€¦reason why it didnā€™t work? I donā€™t know-all I know is my cnc is running again and that makes me happy!

1 Like