gSender 0.6.7 Release!: Feedback Thread

@KGN Kevin: Attached is the screencap of the bindings. Iā€™ve attached the gsender-0.5.6.json file to show that it shows that the binding for Y- is the ā€œ-ā€ key. I renamed the .json to .nc so that could attach it.

In addition to the jogging issue, the = key no longer works for starting a job. It did in previous versions.

gsender-0.5.6.nc (30.1 KB)

Thanks for this - weā€™ve figured out what went wrong. Some changes we made to keybindings resulted in keybindings getting set twice (if you scroll down your list youā€™ll probably see everything duplicated).

Weā€™re going to look at a way to gracefully fix this in a build later this week. In the meantime, you have a few options depending on how comfortable you are editing the settings files:

1. You can reset your entire keybindings by deleting the .json file - this will also reset all your other program settings.

2. You can edit the file and remove the ā€œcommandKeysā€ key from the end of the file - this will only reset your keybindings back to default but will keep all your other settings. The key will be regenerated the next time you start the program. Youā€™ll need to re-bind all your changes. You can use any basic text editor such as notepad.

3. Disable duplicate keybindings using the UI - Toggling conflicts worked for me. For example, toggling off the duplicate ā€œIncrease jog Speedā€ set to default ā€œ=ā€ made play shortcut work again using your settings.

4. Edit the file and remove the duplicate entries - probably a little tedious. The latter entries will be the redundant ones in the array, the earlier ones are the original.

Again, weā€™re going to make a fix that will hopefully fix this later this week - the above is only if you desperately want keybindings working now.

Thanks again for sharing the file!

Cheers,
Kevin

@KGN Tks much for this, Kevin. Iā€™m comfortable doing any of those things, but I think I can/will tough it out for a week. :grinning:

Will this affect the problem with macros not being entered in the list of keybindings?

Thatā€™s a slightly different issue where new macros donā€™t appear as possible keybinds. Weā€™ll have a fix for that this week as well. Removing all keybinds will fix that (it will re-generate the macros list) but at the cost of also removing all your other custom binds. It might be best to wait for a fix for that specific issue.

Kevin

Iā€™ll wait for that, then.

@KGN FWIW, for fun, I just opened the key mapping window. I removed the key maps for all the jog motions. There were two sets of them. Then, I added new maps for the jog motions BUT they had to be added in the section labelled ā€œjoggingā€. Adding them to the overrides or the visualizer section did not work. Now, all my usual maps work.

@falviani Frank: I was able to map the macros that I have created. They were all included in the key map chart/window, but were all turned off. I turned them on with the slider on the right hand side of the window, then added new maps. They all worked.

1 Like

Hi,

1. Removed commandkeys key from json file and started gSender.
  2. All existing macros DO show in the shortcut dialog. They can be enabled and work as expected.
  3. Add a new macro. Does NOT show in shortcut dialog.
  4. Quit and restart gSender.
  5. New macro still does not show in shortcut dialog. Itā€™s not a scrollbar issue.

Have you tried uninstalling gSender

Deleting

C:\Users\stephen\AppData\Local\gsender-updater
C:\Users\stephen\AppData\Roaming\gSender

C:\Users.sender_rc)

Then re-install 6.6.7

And then retest?

I just want to show you what I am seeing, so you know for sure what to look for.

I did a quick video of it too. hope it helps.

https://youtu.be/ZWorvISn8AQ

@falviani @KGN FWIW, Frank and Kevin, I can duplicate the problem. When I first installed 6.7, I had 8 macros already created. They are listed in the macros tab. When I open the key map window, I can see all 8 of them and can assign them to shortcut keys. Just now, I created a new macro. It is included in the list in the macros tab. It is NOT shown in the key map menu. I closed and re-started 6.7. No change. I re-started the PC. I didnā€™t expect that to solve this, but what the heck. It did not solve it.

@Menglor You could well be correct, Stephen, that uninstalling 6.7 and re-installing it would solve the problem. However, I canā€™t see the permanent solution requiring an uninstall and re-install each time a new macro is created. Iā€™m sure you donā€™t, either.

The team and I are feeling good that weā€™ve solved all of the recent problems that have cropped up, including:

• new macros appearing for shortcut assignment
  • shortcuts not working properly
  • keyboard jogging running away
  • handling M0 commands (should avoid issues with programs like Carbide Create)
  • File load button sometimes not working

The last fix weā€™re not completely confident on though so we have an experimental build that we could use help testing (for anyone whoā€™s experienced this issue previously):

This patch build should be ready by tomorrow for use and will also include a couple smaller tweaks that weā€™re hoping helps timeout on larger files.

Most builds up to this point have been relatively stable but we just dropped the ball a bit on this most recent one. Weā€™ve removed auto-updating so that from here on out youā€™ll have the choice to install the latest version at your own discretion. I know that gSender is still in Beta so to a certain extent these issues are to be expected, but we also hope that you guys havenā€™t lost the trust in our work as we continue development moving forward. Weā€™re fast approaching Version 1.0 which will mark the completion of Beta and will mean that gSenderā€™s core functionalities will be very stable from build to build.

1 Like

My suggestions for falviani are not a suggested fix , the recommendation was to get him up and running.

No one should be expected to upgrade beta to beta.

I know for sure from version to version , the files in the appdata are not cleaned up , so itā€™s hard to trust any reporting of a problem, when you know you have multiple versions over versions.

Some of my concerns as reported on feedback. Anybody else experience these?

First run with this version:

While running 02 file, progress bar stops at 5213 of 147685 lines. test same files takes hours and must close the pgm to restart use of it. Pressed pause to result no ā€œresumeā€ tab. Press STOP and no response also. Need to close the pgm to start over.
Performing a Test run is now seemingly very slow compared to earlier versions

Surfacing does not offer RASTER option.

I would like to have this choice.
Also does not offer X Y start position choice. I like bottom left. Kind of messy if not paying attentionā€¦ not showing well the start position very well. I would like to have this (visible at least) choice to avoid disasters.

Using Lenovo SFF Desktop i5 PC

1 Like

Hey all, maybe Iā€™m just blind, but is there a plain Linux release for non-ARM machines? Would love to run on my Ubuntu laptop!

1 Like

Firstā€¦I love where this is going! Nice work. Some nice additions to CNCjs.
I donā€™t know if this is better to post here or on GitHub:
Running gSender v0.6.8 on Windows 10.

Can I disable the obnoxious homing reminders? My machine has homing switches, but sometimes I just want to unlock($X) to do something.

I canā€™t see the machine state anywhere (Idle, Hold, Door, Check, etc). It looks like the ā€œRun Homingā€ box changes color on state changesā€¦maybe that shows text if I actually home? (sorry, playing with a Uno right now).

If I am in $C check mode, and I click ā€œTest Runā€, Check Mode is disabled and the program is run live.

@astro4000 Alex: Whatā€™s an 02 file? :thinking:

Iā€™m going to start closing these old release threads since as soon as a new version is released any comments or issues can be directed to the most recent release feedback thread.

If anyone that reported an issue here is still experiencing it, I would be grateful if you could update me and the development team here :slight_smile:: Official 0.7.2 Release Thread: Improvements for endstops, axis setting, and more - #12 by DLare