Wow, what a roll the development guys have been on. Another release after just one week bring along 0.6.9. Let’s take a look at the new changes: @all
What’s new / fixed?
- New outline tool which will generate and run a rough outline of a loaded project file
- Fixes for load file window not appearing in rare circumstances, jogging runaway in rare circumstances, and probe settings not being reflected in probe module until restart
- Fixed issue with surfacing tool limits and ease of changing inputs
So the load file issue should now be resolved with this new update alongside some other bugs that were brought to our attention.
Moving forward, there likely won’t be the next release for 2-3 weeks since we’re going to be revisiting the core codebase of CNCjs (which gSender is built off of) and doing some really big overhauls. This is important because we’re finding that it’s still not running as reliably as we’d like it to, especially on older hardware and bigger files, and we know if we make these big changes later on then it’s more likely to have more bugs resurface as a result. Wish us luck guys because this is going to be a ride for me and the team and we’ll need all the luck we can get
Things we’ve still got coming down the pipeline:
- Joystick control
- Start from a specific gcode line to save projects gone wrong
And topics I’ve noticed feedback on that we’ll be looking to address soon:
- Headless Pi operation
- More guidance for first-time users
- Manual value entry for X, Y, and Z locations
Getting more of these fixes out in a week is a big win where I’m very happy for our team but I’m starting to get antsy about getting gSender to version 1.0 - one where we can finally present a fully stable, fast, reliable, smoothly operable, feature-filled g-code sender to all LongMill users and CNC users as a whole. Once again, new documentation is still on it’s way to the gSender resources so watch out for that:
If you’ve encountered any bugs or have feedback on this new release, let’s discuss!
Happy Friday to you all and enjoy your weekend doing at least one thing that you love!