gSender 1.2.2 keyboard shortcut bug

When I click on the GUI “go to XY0”, the Z gantry moves up 2mm then jogs to the previously set XY0 position. I have 2 mm set in gS as the save Z move before the XY move.

However, when I do the same action using the keyboard shortcut that I have set, the Z rises 2" before the XY move.

I opened the console and when I use the GUI, the first commands are G91, then G21, then the Z2 move. When I use the keyboard shortcut, the G21 command is not there. I don’t know why it is defaulting to inches as I don’t have gS running in inches, but it would seem that is what it is doing.

I’m not sure what is going on.
Generally, once a G21 code is called, it does not need to be called again unless you have called a G20 code and wish to change back to metric.
I normally use 0 in the safe height but I set mine to 2mm and used the keyboard shortcut “Shift a” to go to XY0 and it only lifted 2mmm . The code, as you said, does not list the G21 command.
I got the following:
ok
G91
ok
G0 Z2
ok
G90
ok
G0 X0 Y0
ok

If I use the “go XY0” from the screen I get the following;
ok
G53
G0 Z-2
G90
G0 X0 Y0

so once again no G21 and I only go a 2mm lift.

Try disconnecting with the console open, reconnect and look at the code in the console

@Lappa Tks much, Peter. I tried a few things, without success. Finally, I uninstalled 1.2.2 and re-installed it, and all is well. I have no idea why. I’ve not had this issue with any previous versions of gS and I don’t have it with Edge, either. A mystery.