Ok, So your going to think I am nuts, and full of it.
But I got it on video, so I figure I am going to report it.
I cant say this enough, I have seen this happen 4 times out of the 10 times I have tried it. I can answer questions, but I dont know what triggers it.
I am running default Homing on my Rig ($23=1) however, I was able to reproduce the problem manually.
Basically, I am seeing, my Longmill, Homing the Z, then Start Homing the X , the Y Axis DOES NOT MOVE AT ALL but the X and Y should move during Homing.
Then when the X switch is trigger, the System Errors. and an ALERT is given.
THE ONLY fix I have seen work, is to just keep retrying.
***** I have seen this behavior start when gSender first launches, however, I am reproducing the problem with a $h
In the video, You will see, that:
- I issue a $h command. (00:13)
- The Z Axis homes as excepted (I can NOT confirm this happens every time) (00:25)
- The X axis starts to Jog , Important to note, that the Y is not moving at all at this point (00:28)
- The X hits the limit switch, it should bounce back 10mm (my settings are set this way) and then do a Slow jog back to zero (00:31)
- however the environment errors out. (00:40)
I tried to figure out how to make it do it, but I cant, after trying to $h a few more times, it starts working and all is good.
I went out into the shop to re-test it after being off for 4-5 hours, and it worked just as expected.
I have experienced this 10-20 times in the last 4 days?
I dont belive I have seen this behavior in 6.5 , I didnt have 6.6 installed very long. I have seen it in 6.7 and 6.8