Gsender Dimensions/Maximum diff from job size

Hi , new to cnc. Doing my first test project. After selecting and carving to gcode code, I change the bit to a ball 1/4 and select the new gcode and the size from 20x16in change to a very very small size like .06x.04. The toolpaths has the correct size , the pre-view has the correct size. I’m probably doing something wrong, any hints are welcome. Thanks Ralph

Ralph, the first thing that comes to mind is a unit mismatch somewhere. I’d double check that if you use inches it is used everywhere, the design software, the post-processor and g-sender. You can also check your gcode for G20 inch mode and G21 millimeter mode, the post processor usually sets one of those near the beginning of the file.

To help others help you, you might want to post what design software you are using.

Good luck
Michael

1 Like

Hi Michael,

I check all the point you mention and all is set to IN. What I found was that the first two save gcode was under Post Processor “G code” and it did work, I change the offended code to “GRBL IN” and now is working. I can see that I have other save code as “G code”, I change this value as well and now I can see the correct dimension , all is good now.
Thank you very much for your quick input and help.
Ralph

As the original issue has been addressed, I’m closing this topic. If anyone else has a similar concern, feel free to start a new topic, which will ensure that it is addressed promptly.