GSender does not like going into Sleep mode on the PC

So I am running version 0.5.5

On my keyboard, I have one of those lovely Sleep buttons.

Started a 20 minute job , put the keyboard down and hit the sleep button.
ugh

Eventually got the PC back logged in and the Application was still running. however, the Pause Job and Stop where Enabled but un-responsive.

I had to close out the application, I also lost functionality of the Z probe, its a separate issue, but I am mentioning it here.

2 Likes

My PC has every sleep feature removed, Live Full Time.

@Menglor I donā€™t know of any sender out there that can function well if you donā€™t turn off all the power saving features in your controlling PC. This has been discussed many times on this and on other forums. I strongly suggest that, if you are running a windows os pc, turn off ALL power saving features. Donā€™t forget to turn off the power regulation of the usb ports.

Youā€™re missing the point

I donā€™t expect the PC to run properly when the PC goes into sleep mode

My problem is is that when I recovered from sleep mode the application was stuck

Iā€™m not sure what operating system your running but if itā€™s Window 7 - 8 - or 10 you can disable the sleep button in the power settings
Hope this helps

1 Like

Ok sure, but he bug still exist.

@Menglor I wanted to resurrect this thread since I know you were mentioning issues relating to computer sleeping. Itā€™s been my experience that itā€™s hard to handle machine sleep while handling live code streaming to the CNC, though one feature weā€™ve recently implemented in gSender is one that is supposed to try keeping the machine awake when possible.

I was wondering if you had any further comment on this aspect or if you were still noticing any bugs arising from sleeping, waking back up, aand then something was no behaving unexpectedly.

I understand what you guys are doing to keep the machine alive.

I donā€™t expect g sender to go to sleep wake up and continue processing what it was doing.

I do agree with everybody whoā€™s pointed out that this is undesirable but thereā€™s not much you can do.

My issue specifically was that when you came back from sleep g center was completely in a dead state.

Iā€™m going to retry it later because I havenā€™t tried it in a while.

But gSender came back online it was completely unresponsive and locked up tight so I had to task list kill everything and I donā€™t think thatā€™s proper

1 Like

so I have reviewed my process and I feel its still bugged.

So, I have included 2 videos.

1 - once it reloads back into windows, there is dead air.
I load the gcode, start it, show manipulation of some buttons, and then put the PC to sleep
Windows + X then U, then S
https://youtu.be/ZR8kpC1tJaA

2 - logged back into winows, and gSender is still running, some buttons work, and some to not.
Pause, Stop, Feed and Speed buttons do nothing.
https://youtu.be/2NHYVzQRxAU

My point with this issue, is that I should be able to STOP, PAUSE or reload a new gcode file and continue.

I DO NOT EXEPECT to continue from where it left off. (just making sure its clear)

1 Like

@Menglor , Iā€™m not sure what we did but I just tried this out in 0.7.2 and the program seems to continue operation just fine after sleeping :open_mouth:

Would you be able to attempt on your end?

The UI is functional after restarting from a sleep state

so , I see this as Resolved in 7.2

1 Like