GSender error codes

I am new to CNC and trying to run the latest GSender from Windows 10 and Vcarve 12.
I am starting with a single word of text and I am consistently getting error codes 1 and 24.
I found themin the list but I don’t know how to get rid of them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Pete

1 Like

Can you share your gcode?

1 Like

Welcome @peterward1 to the group. I agree with Neil, post a file here if you are able to. Let him see what the deal is. I’m not certain, but I wonder if you are running inches in either vcarve or GSender and metric on the other. Neil will be a much better judge of this though. Again, welcome Peter!

Thanks for Responding Jake.
I have just set up my Longmill MK2 and I checked that I am running inches in both.
I can send you a file and I hope this is what you mean.
thanks ,
Pete
diagnostics_4-29-2024_13-45-43.pdf (236.7 KB)

Thanks for responding Neil.
I will send you the file, I hope this is what you mean.
Thanks,
Pete
diagnostics_4-29-2024_13-45-43.pdf (236.7 KB)

@peterward1 Peter: The file that @NeilFerreri and @Jake are referring to is the .gcode file that you are running when gSender throws the error codes.

I am really new at this, I don’t know what you are asking of me.
Could you give me an example please.
thanks
Pete

The errors look they may be related to USB communication. Can you try a different/shorter/better cable?
Can you try an air cut with no stock and the router off?

@peterward1 You created a .gcode file from the single line of text. You ran that .gcode file in gSender and it produced errors. @NeilFerreri and @Jake are asking you to post that .gcode file. They may be able to determine why it is producing errors.

Now maybe I am making a false assumption. What post processor did you choose in VCarve 12 to produce your gcode files. If you did not use either grbl inch or grbl mm, your gcode file may have a differen extension.

1 Like

I’m using the cable that came with the longmill. I am not actually running the project, I am using the verify job function. I just tried to run the stock program that came with the longmill. The Peone flower and I still got an Error 1 code

I’m using grbl inch for the gsender and for V12 Pro
How do I find the .gcode file . I only see my file name *.gcode

@peterward1 I don’t understand. You see a .gcode file? You opened the .gcode file in gSender. So, the file is wherever you pointed gSender.

test 3.gcode (143.2 KB)
Is this what you want?

@peterward1 If that is file that you were running that produced the error codes, yes that if the file the Neil and Jake are asking for.

Yes this is one of the files that I got error messages on. Sorry to be so lost with all of this.
I really appreciate your patience .
Pete

@peterward1 No worries, Peter. Stay tuned. :grinning:

Have you run any files without error?

I’m using the cable that came with the Longmill. I am not actually running the project, I am using the verify job function. I just tried to run the stock program that came with the Longmill. The Peone flower and I still gat an error 1 code

test 3.gcode (143.2 KB)
This is the code for one of the projects I tried to run

One small border file ran with no errors
Sauna 2 60v_2-Sauna Border 60v.gcode (6.2 KB)

@peterward1 That will be of interest to Neil and Jake. Tks.