How long is too long to leave control box on?

I have a program that is supposed to run about 15.5 hours on my Longmill. Should I be concerned that it’s too long to leave the control box on? I don’t want it to overheat or die on me. Has anyone else had experience with really long running programs on their Sienci products?

3 Likes

I don’t think the control box is an issue. I’ve accidently left mine on for days (router off and no activity) with no issues.

1 Like

Surges could be a problem at times, specially during summer storms. Otherwise, I believe there should not be much of an issue.

1 Like

I have my control box plugged in to a surge protector, something I’d recommend for all higher end electronic devices.

2 Likes

Ive run some 22 hr programs without any issue. The control box does get a little toasty while the machine is running. On extremely hot days I put a small usb powered fan next to the control box. It was getting a little too hot for my comfort. I also 3d printed a ducted riser to allow more air to get to the heat syncs inside the box. With the breeze from the little fan directed at the bottom of the control box, all of the heat went away, not even warm now.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips. I ended up letting the machine run overnight with a laptop fan underneath the control box. Worked just fine for a 15.5 hour run.

1 Like

I hate to say it but you should watch the you tube video on CNC machine catching fire… I would use caution when letting any wood cutting machine run while you and your family sleep. I get watching your machine for 15 hours would be not ideal but there’s got to be a better way.

1 Like