Installed gSender on RPi - It crashes

I’m using a Raspberry Pi to control my CNC (it’s a Shapeoko with a JTech laser). Several people have recommended gSender to me. I know there’s an issue with handling small screens, and I have a small touch screen on my Pi. (The screen is 1024 x 600.)

I tried to run gSender from a desktop icon and never saw it, so I ran it with output redirected to a file. Nothing in regular output, but the error output is at the end of this post. Is the screen too small? If so, is there something I can do to get it to work? And if not, what is the issue?

-------------Error output------------------
…/…/sandbox/linux/seccomp-bpf-helpers/sigsys_handlers.cc:CRASHING:seccomp-bpf failure in syscall 0403
…/…/sandbox/linux/seccomp-bpf-helpers/sigsys_handlers.cc:CRASHING:seccomp-bpf failure in syscall 0403
19:51:34.588 › Error: /tmp/.mount_gSendeDUFgp8/resources/app/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Release/bindings.node: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
at process.func [as dlopen] (electron/js2c/asar.js:140:31)
at Object.Module._extensions…node (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1196:18)
at Object.func [as .node] (electron/js2c/asar.js:140:31)
at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:981:32)
at Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:881:14)
at Function.Module._load (electron/js2c/asar.js:779:28)
at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1023:19)
at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:77:18)
at bindings (/tmp/.mount_gSendeDUFgp8/resources/app/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:112:48)
at Object. (/tmp/.mount_gSendeDUFgp8/resources/app/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/linux.js:2:36)
at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1145:30)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1166:10)
at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:981:32)
at Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:881:14)
at Function.Module._load (electron/js2c/asar.js:779:28)
at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1023:19)
(node:1441) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.
(node:1441) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: Message must be a string
at messageBox (electron/js2c/browser_init.js:45:3307)
at Object.showMessageBox (electron/js2c/browser_init.js:45:4196)
at _callee4$ (/tmp/.mount_gSendeDUFgp8/resources/app/main.js:359:37)
at tryCatch (/tmp/.mount_gSendeDUFgp8/resources/app/main.js:51:2404)
at Generator._invoke (/tmp/.mount_gSendeDUFgp8/resources/app/main.js:51:1964)
at Generator.throw (/tmp/.mount_gSendeDUFgp8/resources/app/main.js:51:3255)
at asyncGeneratorStep (/tmp/.mount_gSendeDUFgp8/resources/app/main.js:59:103)
at _throw (/tmp/.mount_gSendeDUFgp8/resources/app/main.js:61:291)
(node:1441) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag --unhandled-rejections=strict (see Command-line API | Node.js v18.6.0 Documentation). (rejection id: 3)
(node:1441) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
[1441:0723/195134.695505:FATAL:gpu_data_manager_impl_private.cc(442)] GPU process isn’t usable. Goodbye.

@Tango Welcome to the group, Hal.

I have no knowledge at all about your setup and the issues, but I’m confident that someone on the gSender team at Sienci will be able to help. Stay tuned. :grinning:

I wasn’t sure if it was best to post here or to go through feedback or some other option. I didn’t want to contact support directly, since I’m just using the software and not buying their CNC. On the other hand, speaking as a part-time programmer, I know a newly installed program should generally run, so I’m sure the developers want to know about an issue like this.

@Tango The gSender developers watch this particular category on the forum very closely. That said, the are very open to support tickets, too, so don’t hold back. They do not treat non-Mill owners any differently than Mill owners.

We’ll take a look at this shortly - it looks like the pi build was released with incorrect serialport bindings (64 bit instead of 32 bit)

Thanks for the report - I’ll follow up when we get a fixed build out.

Kevin

Thank you!

I hope the crash report included enough info to help you!

1 Like