Keyboard shortcut bugs

Comments on Edge 1.2.3

1. Opening it will always freeze on the splash screen on a Windows opening. Leaving windows open, and closing Edge, it will start correctly for all subsequent openings.

2. Attached is a screen cap showing that, in the shortcuts menu, there are two “start job” entries. Turning off one of them turns them both off. Entering a keyboard shortcut for one adds it to the other one.

3. Attached is a screen cap showing that, in the shortcuts menu, there are two “go to Z0” shortcuts. Turning off one of them turns them both off. Entering a keyboard shortcut for one adds it to the other one.

4. There are two shortcut entries for my “zero xy” macro. I can’t attach a screen cap as they are not on the same screen. In this case, turning off one of them does not affect the other. Entering a keyboard shortcut for one does not add it to the other.

5. Using the shortcut to jog Y+ (shift Y on my keyboard) moves the Mill in both Y+ and X-. I’m attaching a screen cap to show that I do not have a shortcut set for that move.

6. Using the shortcut for Z- (alt Z on my keyboard) moves the Mill in both Z- and Y+.

I’ve uninstalled 1.2.3 in Control Panel and re-installed it. No change.

Running windows 10 22H2 fully updated.

Edit: Before creating any keyboard shortcuts in 1.2.3, I disabled all of the default shortcuts. Then I deleted all the default shortcuts one by one. So, I started with a clean slate. I turned on only those that I want to use and assigned shortcuts to only them.

WRT the duplicate shortcut to the “zero xy” macro, even though there are two entries for it in the shortcuts window, there is only one entry for it in the macros window.

We have an internal fix for the duplicated keybinds.

Could you share your program log file so we can see what might be going wrong with the splash screen hanging? We’re not able to recreate that. Logs can be found in C:\Users{Your User Name}\AppData\Roaming\gsender\logs\main.log - there might be some error data there that can help us see what might be going wrong.

@KGN Here you go. I added the .txt extension since .log is not an acceptable file type.

main.log.txt (50.1 KB)

We’re trying to track this down and are curious if it’s a duplicate keybind or some other issue going on. Would you be able to share your Edge preferences file - located at C:\Users{Your User Name}\AppData\Roaming\gSender\preferences.json - and we can takee a look.

Cheers
Kevin

@KGN Here you go, Kevin.

preferences.json (107.8 KB)

1 Like

So this was a fun one - we’re in the process of changing how some of the backend information is stored in Edge, specifically shortcuts, and had a migration to handle it. Unfortunately, it looks like it merged based on ID, which could result in weird things like different jog binds getting combo’d - so the payload for your Z- also contained Y+.

Next version should have further tweaks to the migration so everything except enabled/disabled + current set bind is reset, which should fix that issue + duplicates.

2 Likes

@KGN tks much, Kevin. Now all I need is an explanation for the explanation. :laughing:

@KGN Kevin. I see that Edge 1.2.4 is now available for download. I am a bit confused (my normal state these days). What is the difference between gSender-1.2.4-EDGE-x64.exe and gSender-1.2.4-EDGE-windows-x64.exe?

It’s the same - we’re changing our CI process (how we actually produce all the binaries for all the operating systems) and it was a name change. I’ll just remove the extra binaries for the time being.

@KGN @gwilki Kevin was just checking to see if anyone was watching! :smiley:

Boy, this place has been quiet. Someone must be doing something right! :sunglasses: