Laser is staying on when travelling

I had the Laser working fine and then switched back to do some carving. When I went back to the laser, for some reason the laser is now staying on whenever it travels now. I think the only thing that changed was an update in gsender. Using the same gcode as before. Tried a reset ,restart, new gcode- same problem. I also seem to have more ‘burn’ than before-it’s like it has more power now for some reason. Any ideas what’s going on?

HI
What version of gsender are you using?

What software did you switch to or did you use gSender to “carve?”

@Botanywood As the others have said, it would be helpful to know that version of gSender you are using.Also, what software did you use to create the tool path?

If you are using the latest = 1.0.4, there is a bug in the laser module. When you let us know how you created your tool path, I can advise on how to get around the bug.

I used LB to create the gcode and then version 1.0.4 of gSender to run it

@Botanywood OK, here is what I suggest. Instead of using the laser module in gSender, go into console. Enter $32=1 and hit enter. Then, enter $30= whatever you set Smax to in LB, and hit enter.

Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you-that looks like the fix! No longer staying on when moving and the power level is back to normal.

As the original issue has been addressed, I’m closing this topic. If anyone else has a similar concern, feel free to start a new topic, which will ensure that it is addressed promptly.

1 Like