List of Shipped Machines

I noticed that my order number 25348 has no status on it. Can you at least let me know eta. When I ordered the note said 3 weeks on your website. Then I contacted you and you said well it is 6 weeks.

I understand that you are busy, but you could at least keep people informed on progress. Has assembly started, are we waiting on parts for my machine. As I explained I have obligations that I currently have to sub out.

Is the six weeks from July 2nd when I made my purchase still on the books.

Thanks

Hi Abraham, all orders that are past the ā€œwaiting on 65mm router mountā€ still have an estimated lead time of 6 weeks after when the order was placed. So for your order in particular, that means your order should be heading out our doors by August 13th. Based on how things are going right now Iā€™m confident itā€™s still in the books.

Iā€™ve been speaking with our operation manager recently about looking into implementing a more fully fleshed out system that will send emails out to you guys to update you on your orders status: where itā€™s at in line, when it starts being packed, etc. Until we have that up and running feel free to ask questions here, email, call us up, whatever makes you comfortable weā€™ll do our best to keep everyone informed on their machines status

Whatā€™s the update? Did the parts scheduled to arrive today show and if so did those machines ship? And if machines have been continuing being packed waiting upon arrival of these parts and the shipment on the 4th, Does that mean machines should be shipping out ahead of the six week schedule?

When I order a pizza I noticed that my kids get a kick out of watching the updates, order is placed, order is started, pizza in the oven, pizza cooling, pizza cut and boxed, pizza ready. Nothing for pizza eaten time to order a new one.

Iā€™m happy to know itā€™s done at 30 minutes and can be picked up.

2 Likes

Patience people!!!

1 Like

Hi everyone, hope everyone is having a good weekend.

An update for production. Weā€™ve received the 30 router mounts this past week as well as lead screws, drag chains, delrin ACME nuts, bearings, eccentric nuts, ACME locking nuts, and other stock. Power supplies, router mounts, spacers, control boards, and other parts are expected to arrive next week.

We ran into an issue with the delrin v-wheels from the shipment for this past week. The problem was that the v-wheels were manufactured out of spec, most notably for the outer diameter and inner angle of the v for each wheel. We have gone through every v-wheel that was shipped to us to see if we could find any that were to spec but unfortunately it appears that they are all out of spec.

Our manufacturer has agreed to help us and re-manufacture a new batch.

We had initially ordered 60 sets of v-wheels to temporarily tide us over until we received our complete batch of 500 sets (6000 v-wheels) to ship out the 20ish machines still waiting on our packing table. However, we want to make sure that the wheels are correctly made so that the machines work properly and as they should.

For the people who are currently waiting, we will need to get new v-wheels before we can ship.

We are currently doing two things to accommodate this delay.

1. Sourcing parts locally until we can have a larger batch of v-wheels arrive to cover our full waitlist.

2. Ordering a new batch of v-wheels and having them expedited to us as quickly as possible.

I have already placed an order for 250 sets of v-wheels (3000 v-wheels) which is expected to ship on Monday/Tuesday and arrive in about a week. This stock will cover the full backlog of machines.

Chris and I have also ordered some v-wheels from local sources that should arrive at the start of the week to cover for about 10-12 machines although we will have to see if they are of good quality as well.

Once I get tracking info for the new wheels I can provide some more updates on the status for the parts.

5 Likes

Thank you for the update

1 Like

I really appreciate the owners of this very young company staying connected with their customers! Thank you Chris and Andy for keeping us informed on a daily basis! I also appreciate your Quality control Proceedures! When I get my machine, the last thing I want is an issue with an incorrectly made part. I am looking forward to assembling and creating!! Thank you!

2 Likes

I agree thank you for the great customer care. Also I would like to ask if a digital 3d probe would run on the long mill or not?

1 Like

Any update as to the order number that has shipped out and projections for the remaining backlog?
I read your latest update above and it seems the latest issues may cause your initial 6 to 8 weeks estimate slip.

2 Likes

Does that mean the v wheels on my machine are wrong? It would make sense seeing I had to force them on in the fully open position. Will you be sending out the correct wheels to those of us who just received our machine?

Wear can we buy the wire to board connectors such as for connecting the zero plate and connecting the motors to the board

Good morning Chris & Andy!! As my order number and latest status is: ā€œ#25241- waiting on 65mm router mountā€, I would love to get an update as to the status of my order this morning given I was just TWO orders away from shipping last week. :crazy_face: JUST my kinda luck! :pensive:

Thanks much!
Stef

Thanks for the update

@Chrslintz we havenā€™t tested this but it wouldnā€™t be a question of whether the LongMill could use one - more a question of finding a software that would be compatible. For ex. I know that UGS, OpenCNCPilot, Candle, and bCNC all have functions built-in for surface probing but surface probing is different from geometry probing. What are you looking to use the digital probe for?

@Tmcfarland no more machines have shipped yet. We got the 30 router mounts in on Friday and Andyā€™s in Toronto today to pick up what we expect should be our remaining initial order of mounts. The latest issue with the incorrectly manufactured wheels have certainly thrown a spanner into our delivery schedule - we ordered some backup wheels from two separate resellers and they both delivered the same faulty wheels; I suppose all these dealers receive their wheels from the same manufacturer so I can only assume that there are now ten of thousands of faulty wheels making their way throughout the world all originating from this one manufacturer. Because of this weā€™ve gotten in touch with a separate manufacturer rather than a distributor who tells us that they made some wheels for us and theyā€™re now being shipped. I really hope that theyā€™re not just delivering the same faulty wheels as everyone else has. If the wheels are good and they arrive when we expect them to then itā€™ll mean that the remaining 4-week lead-time machines will end up shipping about 1 week late. Once Andy gets back tomorrow weā€™ll see how the parts look and revise our plan and delivery estimates and then provide an update here so that all the 6-8 week lead machine orders will know what to expect.

@Space we set aside a couple good wheel sets to replace anyone who got a bad bag. Iā€™ll get a good bag sent out to you ASAP

@Chrslintz the connectors we use on the board you can see in this post: LongBoard Connectors - #3 by BillKorn I also just added some extra info there in case you want to buy from a more local manufacturer or supplier

@StefiKaye as of Andys last update weā€™re still trying to get the new v-wheels. Iā€™ll update the original post appropriately. I suppose one of the downsides to being so transparent is that you can see when you wouldā€™ve been the next one in line to get your machine, sorry about that Stef :confused:

chrismakesstuff

I want to probe parts to reproduce missing parts from furnitures

1 Like

Thank you very much for the information

Thanks Chris for the update! I appreciate all the details you provide usā€¦and the time it takes to do so.

Again, I am impressed with this companies regard for Quality! Over and Over these two Owners have stayed in touch with each and everyone of us! Good news or bad! I respect that so much and this is exactly why I donā€™t have a Shapeoko or XCarve in my shop already! Since I am new to the CNC world, this companies dedication to customer satisfaction only makes me more confident that waiting for my 1st machine is the right thing to do! Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi everyone.

Another update on production.

I went yesterday to get all our router mounts from the warehouse. Power supplies have also arrived. We are going over all of the parts today to make sure it all looks good.

I also got tracking info for the v-wheels last night, and the wheels are expected to arrive on Monday next week. Godspeed for those parts. Sometimes the delivery date can vary by a few days, so I will have a more accurate estimate on the arrival date in a few days.

The v-wheels that were ordered from local sources did come in, however it looks like they have the same problem as from our first batch of v-wheels, which is that the inner angle is smaller than 90 degrees, as well as some of the v-wheels being cut not centered on the wheel, so we will not be using these wheels to ship out the machines.

In any case, once we have the v-wheels all sorted out, weā€™ll be ready to start sending on LongMills so Iā€™m looking forward to when they show up!

3 Likes