List of Shipped Machines

When it gets to my order it will be held pending parts for the new improved dust shoe lol.

Iā€™m just joking. Looking forward to it.

Fingers crossed they are within spec! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

@Chris and Andy you rocks thank you for all updates you give to us. Yes Iā€™m waiting my LongMill. But with all the care you take, our CNCs are going to be perfect

Thank you again. You have to be proud of you and your business.

Order 25341

Is there a reason why there have been no order numbers added since 25847? Are you waiting to clear up the wheel issue before you resume? Just curious how later orders should check on progress.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi everyone, hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.

If you want to read a longer more broad production update and my saga with the v-wheels you can check out my blog post here: https://sienci.com/2020/08/11/the-epic-saga-of-the-v-wheels/

So it turns out that the tracking info for the Fedex on the v-wheels was wrong and the v-wheels that I had ordered last week actually came in at the end of the day yesterday instead of the Wednesday it was saying it would be.

The bad news is that these wheels have the same problem as we had in the last batch. I have contacted the manufacturer and they are working on making new v-wheels to the correct spec.

I have ordered 600 wheels last night (or 50 machines worth of machines) directly from Openbuilds which are expected to come tomorrow. We will use these wheels to ship machines and keep ordering them from there until our regular manufacturers can sort out the quality issue on their end. I also am working with several other manufacturers to manufacture v-wheels as well to prevent any future delays with this part.

3 Likes

Just updated list with all new orders Rob :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Chris! :+1:

1 Like

Awesome getting very excited!!! Thanks for the update Andy.

1 Like

Appreciate the Update, Andy! This has got to be frustrating for you guys! I appreciate your efforts! Thank you!

Hi Andy couple questions for ya. My order is 25556. How many order do you guys typically ship out at one time and will the orders waiting on wheels be shipped this week because you got the wheels? Just trying to see if my order is still on track for that 6-8 week timeline. Thanks!

Alright everyone, great news: the wheels came in and theyā€™re good!!! This is the fourth supplier that weā€™ve ordered wheels from and we finally got graced with properly made wheels. Thank goodness.

What does this mean? Well it means that weā€™ve already got the next 20 machines now sealed and ready to ship out by tomorrow and it also means that the following 20 machines should also be out the door either tomorrow or the day after. Here you can see the packed machines ready to go in the packing area:

Weā€™ve got a lot of catching up to do to get all the pending orders out the door so weā€™re just going to take things one week at a time and keep you guys in the loop as more LongMills are sent off to their new homes. It was a very hectic day today since weā€™re having to essentially build the wheels ourselves (press in the bearings and the spacers) but I wanted to provide a quick update to let yā€™all know that weā€™re back in progress :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s great news for the next batch of people LOL

Will order 25389 ship this week?

I received my UPS tracking number. F@ck yeahhh. Thanks guys you are very professional.

1 Like

Congratulations, I canā€™t wait to get mine

So I know what I am about to ask is a PITA.

But I am sure many people would like to see it as well as I.

How hard / impossible would it be to have you put a ā€œstage and ETAā€ to orders and have them grouped for All order numbers?

You have:

1. #25344 - packed, waiting on wheels
  2. #25346 - packed, waiting on wheels

Which is all well and good if your in a group that has a date or a status
but something like a ā€œETA : Dec 31 2020ā€ or what ever would certainly be appreciated.

I myself am " [Order #25530] (July 10, 2020)"

If I do 8 weeks from that date, its Sept 10, 2020, but its a WAG (Wild Ass Guess) because there are so many moving parts.

I am not asking you to specifically address my specific order, only to maybe have a better system then just listing the number of orders in front of me :wink:

For those that havenā€™t used the rev1 shoe, this is a MASSIVE upgrade. The original dust shoe, while decent at stopping dust, was an enormous hassle to adjust and use and one of the only things I strongly dislike about the machine. It has been cursed perhaps more than anything in my shop. I canā€™t wait to make @gwilkiā€™s shoe and replace mine.

@chrismakesstuff what does it cost on the X axis travel?

How can we check out existing wheels? In addition to the ones on the machine I have spares I purchased. You may recall that I had a wheel break fairly early on, which was odd. After seeing Andyā€™s recent post mentioning that they weā€™re quite right on recent batches I re-adjusted mine and am now curious if I might have a problem with one.

-Jeff

1 Like

@jwoody18; @chrismakesstuff

Tks for the vote of confidence, Jeff. I think that Chrisā€™ new version is a step up from mine. That said, Iā€™m pleased with my latest version. The one big thing that Chrisā€™ has over mine is that I cannot have my laser and the dust shoe on at the same time. Clearly, I donā€™t need the dust shoe when using the laser, but it would be good to be able to leave the laser on the Mill all the time. With Chrisā€™ new and improved model, you can do that. Iā€™m going to look to see if I can modify my design yet again, but I doubt it. Thatā€™s not to say that I wonā€™t try, though. :grinning:

Chris: With my final design, I donā€™t lose any X travel. The fixed brackets are narrower by a hair than the X axis gantry plate.

I got a call today, and it is on itā€™s way. My machine is being shipped tomorrow. Only one day behind schedule is pretty amazing in my books knowing about v-wheel gate and how it all happened. Thanks guys for your hard work