Hi Folks, just checking to see if anyone else has experienced this issue or may be able to offer some insights.
- Maximum travel speed along the x-axis stalls as in the linked videos below.
- First noticed gcode files choking the x-axis on G0 commands (maximum speed)
- Eliminated gcode potential error by setting x-axis zero point to the far right and using UGC Sender to “Return to Zero”. This is illustrated in the video.
- When x-axis comes to a screaming halt, used my fingers to check tension on the lead screw; moves freely and shows no signs of binding.
- X-axis lead screw was checked for any looseness, none detected; lock/screw nut tight.
- Checked for slippage on the x-axis motor, none detected
- Only occurs along the x-axis from left to right (right to left was checked with no problem).
- Symptom does not occur at normal feed speeds
- Symptom does not occur at same location along x-axis
When the symptom is about to occur, it seems like the z-axis mount or the lead screw may be hitting a resonant frequency and causing vibration just before the screaming occurs. This is noticeable in the video.
I’ll keep testing and in the meantime, if anyone has any ideas on this, please chime in.