Makita Router Won't Power On

This morning I went to my shop, loaded my file into G-Sender, and set my xyz 0 points and assumed I was ready to carve. When I powered on the Makita Router that came with my Longmill it was making some strange sounds, so I shut it off and checked my dust shoe to make sure it wasn’t interfering with the router. No contact being made so reset my dust shoe and flipped the switch on the router and… Nothing. I checked the power cord, it’s good. Everything else works. Any ideas of what’s going on?

1 Like

Check the brushes in the router

5 Likes

I’ve heard some people saw blowing air into the router might solve the problem. Something about dust collecting inside the housing causing lost contact I think. Don’t quote me for sure, I’m going on a hazy memory. It’s free to try, so it’s worth a shot.

The traditional method of keeping your Makita router (and other brands) running longer is to cut the toe end of a sock off and pull that over the end where it sucks all the dust in.

I learned that early on the C3D forum, and have never not had my Makita naked. :smiley:

2 Likes

I had the same problem, solved the issue by replacing with new brushes

I’m on my second router and this one I’ve replaced the brushes three times on it I get a lot of use out of my machine LOL the problem is finding the right brushes on the internet but that should solve your problem unless if it’s the power switch for the dial that controls the RPMs But generally it’s just the brushes.

1 Like

Thank you all for the suggestions. I replaced the brushes and all is well.

As the original issue has been addressed, I’m closing this topic. If anyone else has a similar concern, feel free to start a new topic, which will ensure that it is addressed promptly.

1 Like