Mid job cnc stops moving,

Maybe try the other software before messing with the machine. Easier to mess with that.

That’s good advice, Mike. Taking the router power cable out of the drag link is quick enough, though.

Wish me luck.

The LongMill certainly shouldn’t be unreliable as it’s been for you, your issues aren’t symptoms of any apparent problems that come to my mind, but rest assured we’ll find the solution and make sure you get up and running reliably. Andy will give you a call tomorrow, and we’ll get this sorted. Hang in there @gwilki

1 Like

Thanks much for this, Chris. I am grateful for the support. This morning, soon, I’ll remove the router power cable from the drag chain. As this is somewhat intermittent, I won’t know for sure if I’ve found the issue until I run a few jobs. I know all about how difficult it can be to diagnose and solve intermittent issues, so I know also that this can take some time. In the meantime, I am trying to stay upbeat - not my normal. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, Chris, you will know how things went today, but I thought that I should report back to the group.

Andy and I exchanged a few emails today. As he instructed, I ran the sheep file from Sienci. It ran fine. I then ran the file that froze yesterday. It ran fine today in foam. Then I ran the sheep again, and again it ran fine. Andy ran my file that froze yesterday and it ran fine for him.

So, we are left with no idea as to why my LongMill is freezing. We left it that I would send Andy a screen cap of UGS when it freezes next. Until then, I appreciate that there is really nothing to be done. Frustrating, but not the end of the world.

I will continue to run files in foam. At some point, I’m sure that I will become confident enough to take on some jobs.

Thanks much to Chris and Andy.

2 Likes

This may seem like it is coming from outerspace, but it worked for me. Where are you running your mouse from and what is its sensitivity level set at? for me, I had my mouse sitting ON my tabletop and the mouse was fairly sensitive. I had the mouse on the tabletop just in case there were problems and I wanted to stop or pause quickly. I had the pointer hovered over the pause button. I guess my table is not exactly stable, so with the motion of the router, the mouse was shifting positions and I think clicked on something and caused the program to stall. When I reduced sensitivity and became more confident in my toolpaths and stopped twitching with the mouse all the phantom stoppages stopped!!!

As I said, it may be from outerspace, but it worked for me.

Cheers all.

1 Like

Tks for chiming in, Tom. Andy seems to have solved my problem by replacing the controller. I’ve run a few small inlay jobs with no issues and last night, I did two re-surfacing paths on my spoil board and both ran fine.
Just FYI, my mouse sits on the bench top with my PC and does not touch my Mill table.

2 Likes

Interesting - my job stopped midway as well and I moved the laptop away from the shelf (attached to the router table). I think the router vibrations did have something to do with it as the job ran ok after that. I’m also wondering if wifi connections cutting in and out have something to do with it too

I think there are many variables involved in this. In my case, I am not using wifi, and my pc is on a separate work top. I was able to send Andy a screen cap of UGS when mine last froze and he was able to correctly diagnose my problem as a result.

1 Like