MK 2.5 48x30 X Axis binding on Rapid

I just received my MK 2.5 48X30 and have spent quite a few hours trying to figure out what I am doing wrong or configuration I need to change for the X Axis to stop binding when doing a rapid jog. I have the v-wheels at the recommended tightness. I have tightened and loosened the backlash nut to small degrees to try and fix the issue and continue to have binding on the X Axis. No issues on the Y or Z Axis.

When I dry run a gcode file and it does a rapid jog, it binds. It will rapid jog without issue two or three times while using gsender movement and then it will bind for no apparent reason that I can tell.

At that point, gsender thinks it’s still moving and I have to go through the process to re-zero to the center as it thinks it has traveled when it hasn’t.

Any help would be appreciated as I am so close to being able to start my first project, but need to figure out how to fix this issue.

1 Like

While I have zero experience with a CNC router, I have run into this with my 3D printer. In my case, after verifying that there are no binding issues, I decided to reduce top speed and that fixed the issue. Could be acceleration too.
Anyway, try playing with that and see if it helps.

1 Like

You could try setting ‘step idle delay’ in firmware settings to 255.