Need some help cant figure out this

Tim, I really do not have an answer to your issue, but looking more closely at your pics of the trent family it appears that apart from the shift across on the x axis there is also a shift up on z when looking at the word family. After the f the engraving gets very light and also adds mily at the end. I still think you have a binding issue. Have you tried moving the workpiece to another position on the spoilboard,

Not yet will try that, getting frustrating, lot of money for something that doesnt work.

@Vols2023 Have you sent a service request to Sienci?

Yes u have did what they say

The machines work, the issue is finding the cause of your problem. I understand it is frustrating I have been through it on more than one occasion and invariably I have found it was not the machine but something that I had not done correctly. Also, it is for you to contact Sienci support, not grant @gwilki.

2 Likes

@Vols2023 I don’t quite understand your last reply, Tim.

You should open a support ticket with Sienci through their website. I don’t work for Sienci.

WTF, now opposite of befor holes all together. Longmill for sell

@Vols2023 That, of course, is your call. However, there are people here who are willing to help.

I will repeat that I don’t know if you opened a support ticket. If you did, what did the technicians at Sienci say? If you did not open a ticket, why not?

Yes have openened a ticket, got the info to check th v wheels backslash nuts ect. Done all of that now its going in the oposite direction and is worse. Have the Gsender set to MK2 48x30. Updated firmware. Now this

@Vols2023 I assume that you have verified that the Y rails are parallel to each other and that the X rail is square to the Y rails.

Since you were able to do some successful projects, we need to determine what has changed since then.

Do you have limit switches and did you have them when you were able to successfully complete the other projects?

Have you changed the laptop that is controlling your Long Mill since those successful projects?

Have you changed anything else at all since then?

Everything is square. I have only been able to carve the Longmill lettering in first projects. Have tried 12 times to carve the bit holder in first projects. Laptop is same have uninstalled Gsender reinstalled, same issue. Tried again last night now the project starts in wrong direction.

@Vols2023 I regret that I am pretty much out of ideas. I don’t know if you have limit switches installed. If I understand, you re-flashed the firmware/eeprom and, as part of that process, I assume that you set everything back to default settings.

When you manually jog the machine, does it jog in the correct direction in all axes?

My only additional suggestion is to go back to Sienci tech support. Link them to this thread so that they can see all that you have done. I’m sure that they will work this out.

Are you re-zeroing everything before each attempt? If not then that might explain why it is getting worse and worse.

Maybe make a video of it. You can upload it to google drive, drop box, or something like those. Show it from the start to when it starts going off. We might be able to see any unusual movements.

I’ve posted a video of an issue before and some with a fresh set of eyes looking at it were able to notice my Z gantry slightly move when it moved in a specific direction. I didn’t see it as I was convinced it was something else and was looking in the wrong area.

I know you don’t want to hear this part but it turned out to be 4 loose screws.

1 Like

I zero each time I have tried. I have gone back over all of the bolt, vwheels,backlash nuts, unmounted and remounted to ensure square. I will make a video and post

1 Like

How do i upload video says wrong format

@Vols2023 Zip it. .zip is an acceptable file format. I just checked and I don’t see any video formats in the acceptable list.

All, Thank you for your patience. Trying to upload the video’s and watching it saw a skip. Checked the bottom right vwheel it was lose. That and reset firmware and BINGO

THANK YOU ALL

2 Likes

@Vols2023 All’s well that ends well. Now that you’ve put all that behind you, have fun.

Since your issue is resolved, I’m closing this thread. Don’t hesitate to pose questions that arise in your future projects.

1 Like