Need some help cant figure out this

Why is this starter progect fron Sienci Labs. Keep cutting wrong??

I don’t know much about the starter projects so hopefully someone a little more familiar with these will chime in.

You mentioned it keeps cutting wrong, does that mean you have tried it multiple times with the exact same results?

I downloaded the gcode, loaded it in gsender, and everything looks fine. It is all lined up.

Yours though appears to have been going okay until it shifted to the right for some reason. Is that what happened? I’m wondering if something on the X axis is a bit loose or too tight

Adding the sienci photo of the finished project and link for a reference for others who may click on this thread
Your First Project - LongMill MK2 CNC (sienci.com)

Not sure the longmill sign cuts fine and the coaster

I’m not going to be much help to you tonight but someone will eventually come in. I know it can be frustrating in the beginning

It looks like it is something with the Xaxis. If it is not tight enough it can cause it to slip when it encounters enough force. Gsender or whatever you are using to run the gcode will keep running smoothly even though the router stopped moving for a second.

Maybe check the couplers. See if the set screws are all tight and set correctly

Hopefully, someone better at this than me will come in soon.

Thanks for the help will check things again. The coaster cut fin also its just this one, just odd

1 Like

2nd try after checking everything :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Odd. It is a slightly different result though. In the first attempt, it was a different set of 1/8" bit holes that were right next to each other.

@gwilki Help, please

If everything is tight, and it is known the gcode is good, have you checked to ensure your workpiece is not moving.

1 Like

Yes, have cut the longmill sign no issue the coster no issue. Just this one

@Vols2023 Post the actual gcode that you are loading into gSender.

Its the first project in the sienci guid

@Vols2023 I know, but I would like to see the actual gcode file that is giving you trouble.

Where can i find the gcode?

@Vols2023 I should have been more specific. When you clicked on the link on the Sienci website, you were prompted to save the bit-holder.nc file. That is the file that the members here can look at to make sure something didn’t go wrong with the download. It’s not likely, but since you have successfully done other Sienci project files and you have confirmed that the material is not moving, ensuring the nc/gcode file is good will eliminate another possible cause.

This is what i tried today different project starte great and then goes to sideways. Think something is wrong with the machine.

Same shift as the bit holder

@Vols2023 Tim check coupler as @Swinly said, also may have issue with backlash nut or wheels too tight. All on the x axis.

I adjusted the v wheels can barely turn with fingers, will check coupler

Coupler is tight, backlash the bolt is finger tight, and can spin x axis with fingers

Even when the couplers seem tight, sometimes they’re still not quite tight enough and a lead screw can slip. My Z axis did this when I first assembled my machine and I had to eek out just a little bit more squeeze from it.

1 Like