Probe fail in gsender

Probe fail. Probe is not in the expected initial state before starting probe cycle when G38.2 and G38.3 is not triggered and G38.4 and G38.5 is triggered. Anyone know how to fix this?

@santinybf Which touch plate are you using?

autozero touch plate

I seem to remember a similar post and I believe that error means the probe is already sensing a connection when it’s not supposed to be. This could be caused by a short in the wires to the touch probe. Make sure the wires don’t have any damage like being run over by a wheel etc.

Also do you use the touch probe test or whatever it’s called in gSender? The test where you have to touch the probe to the bit before initiating the probe sequence. I would enable that test if it’s not enabled and see if you pass that test before probing.

Edit: It’s called ‘Probe connectivity test’ under Settings->Probe at the bottom in gSender.

Hi Michael
The probe connectivity test is on and works
The message appears when you do the probe, doesn’t matter wether is X, Y, Z or all together
the second it touches the plate I get the message.

The cable and plate are new, just got it this weekend

Sadly that is all the advise I have on this issue. Hopefully some of the more experienced people here can help you out.

Thank you for trying,
Hopefully ill figure it out soon

I just looked it up and that is alarm 4, if you search this forum for alarm 4 you will get some relevant results and hopefully a fix.

Edit: One of the developers of gSender chimes in on this issue here.

Go to $6-0 and it should work and get rid of faults.

As this topic was open well over a year ago and the OP has not posted to it since then, I am closing the topic.