I am going to preface this, with a I dont know where the problem is.
I am unable to currently reproduce the problem with repeatable steps.
I am however able to reproduce the problem after about 30 minutes of following the bellow steps.
- I currently have a GCODE file that surfaces a piece of board that is 14x16" in size and it removes 1mm off the Z axis.
I and currently trying to make a segmented board, so I am using the surfacing program to clean up the glue on the wood.
I follow the SAME STEPS for each board:
- Open Gsender, and load my Surfacing program.
- I ZERO my X and Y to the center of the planned work piece
1 - I move the Head away from the work area
2 - Secure 8" x 8" by 3/4 inch to my work table.
3 - I probe for the Z with Gsender.
4 - I clear away the probe and Return my X and Y to Zero,
5 - I start my Spindle and start the head rotation.
6 - I click on the START program
7 - I allow the program to run for 5-10 minutes while it surfaces the board.
8 - I click on the STOP Program once I have successful covered all of the wood I want surfaced.
9 - I move the head out of the way.
I then either
- flip the board over, and do the exact same steps on the other side
- replace the board with the next board needed to be surfaced.
I complete this operation about 4-6 times, and then my Longmill goes into Stupid mode.
- Every click of the mouse takes 4-10 seconds to respond to the click.
- if I close Gsender and re-start it, and connect. I get a Connected popup, but the message in Gsender constantly shows Disconnected.
I have attached 2 video’s to show the behavior once its locked me out.
- note reaction from clicking on mouse to when the head actually moves.
has anyone else seen this behavior?
No amount of closing the application and restarting it solves the porblem.
I have to Reboot the PC to get it to work again.
once I reboot, it will go “for a while” then behave this way again.
the buttons on the Gsender are un-responsive, for 5 - 10 seconds.