Tally of Shipped Machines

We’ve now shipped all the Kickstarter machines! (including the stray KS orders) so THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

If you don’t already have yours, then it’s likely en-route. Everyone should have their tracking numbers to see how the shipment of their LongMill is progressing.

With the Kickstarters machines shipped, the website orders are next in line. We spent the end of December and start of January shipping as many website orders as we could before having to go back to baseline assembly of the inventory. That means that as of today, Jan 16, we’ve shipped all website orders up to order #16147 and will be shipping #16199 and some older orders that we were requested to hold in the next day. Otherwise, there won’t be any more machines shipped out until the baseline inventory is built back up.

What does this mean? It means that from order #16244 onward we need to work on packing more bags of hardware, packing more boxes of rails and lead screws, assembling more control boxes, etc. This process takes a while which is why we estimated that the remaining machines wouldn’t be shipping out until March. We’ve done all this packing before and there will be some tweaks we’ll be applying here and there from what we learned doing it the last time around.

In the meantime, we’ll make sure you guys are all informed on our progress so that you can get an idea of when the machines will start to ship again from our office in good 'ol Waterloo :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I was pleasantly surprised to see the feedback here and on the Facebook page showing the new machines completed and providing helpful background and photos. Awesome stuff! I’m super pumped about getting my unit, but was a bit bummed to hear a Kickstarter backer at #250ish was likely looking at late November for a ship date. Hopefully that can accelerate a bit as initial user feedback comes in and validates that all is well.

I really hope we can nudge everyone over here so we can cut down the list of places to check for info and so it’s all in one searchable archive! I wonder how long before someone tackles a video of putting it all together?

-Jeff

2 Likes

We appreciate you sharing this @chrismakesstuff . Your transparency and administrative organization are actually two reasons I was comfortable pre-ordering with you.

Would you be able to give us a rough order of magnitude indication of where people in the top and bottom half of the post-kickstarter list might be in terms of timeline to expect their kits?

-Jeff

1 Like

We’ve got the remaining 14 machines from the initial batch of 25 about ready to go as of today. These should be getting picked up this week. We’re pretty happy with the feedback so far, no missing parts and nothing breaking; but we’re also waiting to hear back from Keith (beta tester) since his machine is the first we shipped and he’s across the border.

The current plan is to get all the Kickstarter orders and most of the website orders done and shipped by mid-December, however we’re still gauging the feasibility of shipping 60 units a week. There’s a process to training our team so that they can reliably assemble the gantries, control boxes, and package all the units together with no missing parts. As they get comfortable with the process (which they have with the first set of 25) then we can ramp up and see where that gets us.

Recently (the last 20-ish website orders worth), we changed the estimated delivery on our website to January 2020; so anyone that orders or has ordered since then should expect delivery then.

Well, at least I’m closer to the top of the website order list than the bottom. I’m actually in a pretty good spot in the teens.

And I now know 2 new things:
I have plenty of time to reorganize my shop and build a CNC table!
I will not be carving any christmas gifts this year!

Hopefully things go well and you guys can beat your expectations! Sounds like you’re on the right track!

1 Like

Forgive my being clueless, but how do I find my order number. The only communication that I can find shows my backer number.

If you have a backer number, that’s your place in line. The orders he listed above are for those of us that weren’t kickstarter backers but preordered from their website.

1 Like

This is a great way to figure it out - my only question is “where do I find my order number?”

I can find my backer number (143) from Kickstarter, but can’t seem to find my Order Number to compare to the chart.

Dave

Hey Dave, @Sanityfree 's reply just about your post should answer your question. The order numbers are there for people who placed orders through our website after the Kickstarter, so #1 on the list will come after all the Kickstarter orders have been fulfilled. Before that point, orders will be fulfilled in order of backer number, so you’re 143rd in line :+1:

I have a question for you. When will my reward be shipped yet? My backer # is 178. Thanks.

I just noticed the pickup builds went from 25 to 33. Are all of there kickstar backers? If so can tou provide the backer number shipped? Gettig anxious as this peoject gas been delayed over three months.
Thanks

@Seddlemon the initial batch is meant for Kickstarter backers that are in our area who can pick up their machines and give feedback before we ship everywhere else. Some people who didn’t fill out their backer surveys yet finally got around to it, so they met the requirements. It only took another day to put the added machines together and it should provide us with valuable additional feedback.

In other good news, Keith (beta tester) received his machine this Thursday. It’s the first machine that we’ve shipped out and seeing that he’s all the way in Baltimore and all the parts arrived in great condition, that is a good confirmation in the quality of our packaging design :+1:

If you want to call me personally, the phone number on our website contact page goes straight to myself and Andy. I’m happy to chat if you need to know anything else.

No! No phone for you! Back to work! Lol

1 Like

I really don’t want to sound like a broken record and I fear I am asking a question that has been answered somewhere on the Forum and I apologize for that. The list of Order Numbers is most helpful and I understand that the backers will be shipped out first, as should be. However, I have not found any reference as to how many backers there are from the Kickstarter. I know that I am somewhat down on the list of Website orders (somewhere around 59th) but would like to know how many Longmills are required to be shippped out before the Web Site orders begin to get shipped. Will I be making Christmas gifts on my Longmill this year or not until next?

2 Likes

There are over 300 that I saw. May be off by 10 not sure.

Sorry @Airhawg I just realized I overlooked this. I’ll go get that tally as well to make it clearer. If you’re at 59th on the website then your right near the end of orders that we’re planning to fulfill by the end of the year, so I don’t know if it would be feasible to make Christmas presents in time with it

EDIT: It’s updated now to reflect

@Airhawg Kickstarter says there were 324 backers.

@chrismakesstuff the OP in this thread says it will be updated daily to indicate how far through the list of kickstarter backers you’ve made it. I appreciate that this is hard work and I know that I tend to let things slip through the cracks sometimes (ok, a lot!) too… But I don’t see a single update with a last-shipped-backer-number anywhere. Can we get at least an occasional update?

For what it’s worth, I’m backer 74.

@atcodes there were Kickstarter backers that didn’t get a LongMill, the total number of machine orders from the Kickstarter was 303. Also, the original post IS being updated daily, I’m making sure of it. If you look at it you’ll see that the remaining batch of local deliveries are still being completed and these are done out of order so there’s no reason to mention the backer numbers of the individuals which have picked them up. We finished packing the initial 33 on Friday last week and have now packed more than 20 in the last two days, aiming to get 40-50 done and shipped by the end of the week (you can reference this in an earlier comment I made). Once machines go out our door, rest assured that will be reflected in the tally. If you’re backer 74 then you should expect to get an email from us by next week regarding your order.

I want to be clear, I understand that we fell behind on our schedule but I won’t have a peaceful Christmas unless all LongMill backers get machines in their hands by the end of the year, this is what’s going to happen. If you have any more questions I’m happy to answer them

1 Like

Right on Chris! We have all been patiently waiting this long so no need to start getting antsy now. They are coming. Make sure you have everything ready to go when your unit ships so you can hit the road running. Have fun y’all.

1 Like