Tally of Shipped Machines

Thanks @Heyward43 :slightly_smiling_face:

One note that I wanted to add (I didnā€™t want to make a separate thread for it because itā€™s relatively minor), is that I quickly re-organized the categories of this Forum to categorize the posts better. If anyone has some feedback on this or suggestions on how to make it better you can let me know.

Sorry if my reply came off as in any way upset. I see now that I missed the line that says ā€œThis post will be updated daily to indicate when the local pickup period has been completed andā€¦ā€ So thatā€™s my fault. I guess I was too eager to find a line saying something like weā€™ve shipped machines up to backer number X and was blinded by not finding it. My bad!

No ill will intended. Just excitement starting to bubble over now that itā€™s coming soon. Appreciate all of your hard work.

1 Like

@atcodes thanks for the clarification and thank you for your kind words. Since the first 12 machines have now been shipped as of today, Iā€™ve switched the post over to now tracking the current backer number that weā€™re at (in terms of whatā€™s been shipped, not in terms of whatā€™s packed). I hope that weā€™ll be at around the 70s by the end of next week :slight_smile:

Aha, thatā€™s why a bunch of posts had a flag that you edited them yesterday. That makes me feel better. I was starting to get a complex. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just to set my own expectations, If I was say 185 in the backer list - how long would you guess Iā€™d have to wait?

Iā€™d say that you should expect to have your machine ship at the end of November (the last week)

@chrismakesstuff would you say youā€™re still on track to complete all the open orders in the original post by the week of Christmas?

-Jeff

Itā€™s going to plan so far to meet 50 a week, though as I said previously the most recent website orders which includes that latter part of the above numbered list should expect delivery in the new year. If youā€™re one of those people, you should already expect this though since it was stated on the shop page for the LongMill. Weā€™ve got a load more of machines being packed as we speak, Iā€™ll keep this post updated with the count and also keep you guys posted if anything else may come up

Everyone following this thread, please refer to the most recent update I made to the original post. Temporary delay to the smaller version LongMills, but now at backer #102

What kind of questions were on this survey?

Questions about your shipping address, confirmation of your order and add-ons, etc. You should see the survey prompt on your Kickstarter account :+1:

Wooohoo! And congrats on getting your processess up to speed so successfully. Itā€™s a huge task!

-Jeff

1 Like

Hey, Chris, I just wanted to say thanks for keeping this thread updated.

This is one example among many of how your kickstarter campaign has been exemplary.

1 Like

Hey all, I wanted to provide a quick update as to why the machine count hasnā€™t gone up on the last two days. We ran out of the bristle strip that we need to make our dust shoes and are waiting for the next shipment to come in, delivery is expected by the start of next week. In the meantime, weā€™re packing machines as normal and keeping pace with our shipping goals, just that the number only reflects machines that have actually shipped.

EDIT: by the way thanks @jwoody18 and @David for your kind words, weā€™re working away our best here to give you guys the high quality machines yā€™all deserve. It makes me very happy to see people starting to receive their machines in good order and see them being put together :slightly_smiling_face:

We appreciate it. And I always smile when Canadians use ā€œyā€™allā€. :wink: Interesting fact not generally known north of the 49thā€¦ the plural of yā€™all is all yā€™all.

-Jeff

2 Likes

Just want to say ā€œwell doneā€, things are moving along nicely here! Getting close to my backer number (#143), so getting excited!

Dave

1 Like

@chrismakesstuff looks like the above was added on 11/14, so itā€™s been about 10 days. Any news on the lead screws other than ā€œstill waitingā€? I know that waiting on parts shipping is unpredictable and can be slow, but I just wanted to check and see if thereā€™s any chance theyā€™re in and you just forgot to update the post. Hoping I donā€™t sound annoyed; Iā€™m just curious and excited (and a wee bit hopeful mine will arrive before Christmas.)

Yes, thanks for the reminder @atcodes! The remaining lead screws did come in as of Thursday of last week. Weā€™re still at a shipping standstill until the brush strip arrives which looks to now be at the end of this week, but once in hand then machines will start to fly out the door again (on track with the original goal of 50 a week). This still means that all Kickstarter machines will be shipped out before the holidays :slightly_smiling_face:

Message to John Williams: Iā€™ve now updated the tally to include your order. I also changed the order page of the LongMill to highlight the note about next-year shipping in blue, this hopefully makes the note more apparent in case other people are interested in getting the LongMill but are missing our note on machine backlog :+1:

Did the bristles come in?