Toolpath Recommendation?

When I select all closed vectors, it selects the whole image, as expected. However, when I try to get a toolpath, I have issues. If I select pocket toolpath, it will calculate two separate toolpaths: 1/8" for the inside corners and 1/4" to clear out the larger area. However, it skips all the other stuff in the middle. How do I get it to create a toolpath for the remainder? TIA! Note: I did try v-bit but that gave me issues as well.

@jmartin104 What CAD/CAM program are you using, Jay? Knowing that, members will be better able to offer advice.

1 Like

Dang! I thought I put that in there. I use V-Carve Pro. But I fiddled with it last night and figured a few things out and got it working. I had to reset the preview each time I made a change. I played with it and fine-tuned it and now just need to make a test run.

@jmartin104 Good luck, Jay. Pls report back after your test run. I’ll close the topic if you are satisfied with the results.

One thing that you may have already glommed onto is that, if you want sharp inside corners on some of those pockets, a vcarve toolpath is the only way to achieve them. Just an FYI. :grinning:

1 Like

I used v-bit carve path with “clearing” bits. It came out really nice! A little bit of mdf fuzzies but nothing major. The biggest win here is learning the software. Thanks for your input!

1 Like

@jmartin104 You’re very welcome. One thing that will help with v-carve fuzzies is to run the toolpath a second time. Don’t change any settings at all. Just run it twice.
Also, when you are using a clearing bit, run the vcarve toolpath first. It will cut cleaner, being supported on both sides by material.

1 Like