Ugs not loading

@tjlang Ted: On the Google UGS group, there was a post by the UGS developer telling readers that the new (then) version of UGS has a built-in Java, and that eliminates many of the java related issues with UGS. You may want to try it.

Here is a link to the thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/universal-gcode-sender/BOmnFohicyc

Hi, Once the small loading window states that the modules have finished loading open Task Manager (in admin mode) find UGSPlatform.exe, click on it to expand & you will see a file called Jog_Amp.exe (with a bunch of numbers after it). Right click on it & delete it. Jog_amp will reappear within a couple of seconds so delete the second occurance. You will then see the UGS Platform window appear & function normally. Unfortunately you will have to do this each time. If your Win10 Task Manager version doesnā€™t expand UGSplatform.exe then search for jog_amp. It will be listed.
The jog_amp.exe file is a jre loader that is failing to execute itā€™s final cleanup commands & stalls, stopping UGS from finishing to load. Doesnā€™t affect operation, just operators patience.

1 Like

gwilki i tried this and it still loads half way then vanishes. maybe i should try another computer

rusty not sure if i did what you ask but not finding ugs platform exe in task manger

Iā€™m using UGS Platform 64 build 20200211. If the startup UGS screen show it has finished loading itā€™s modules (small print bottom of window) then you should find ugsplatform64.exe(2) listed under Apps in in Task Manager. If your using a different version then scroll through the Backgound Processes & look for Jogamp.exe_tstā€¦exe. Most likely will only list first occurance but on deletion 2nd one will pop up. delete it & UGS should start. Thats the way I had to do it on an earlier Win10 update which is the root cause of this issue. As Iā€™m not inclined to want to reload Win10 & find the above an annoying but simpler way of dealing with the issue till I get my Raspberry sorted out. Good luck.
Russ

its not there in that i can see

i want to let you all know that i got ugs running i put it on another computer
and thanks to all that tried to help me

I havenā€™t had to do this, but have you tried right clicking and running UGS as Administrator to try and see if it is permissions related?

Yes i did that and still did same thing i have put ugs on another computer and its working fine so far thank you for trying to help me

And seems this problem STILL HAS NO fixā€¦
All was well till last night, then ugsplatform only loads half then nothingā€¦
Save the nomal suggestions, ive been up all night trying EVERYTHING i found on the web over and over againā€¦
I enen reset my computer back to a restore point when ugs did workā€¦
So instead of bothing with ugs i loaded ultimatecnc.
Dont know why but i would like to use the original ugsplatform i started with.
Why isnt there a fix to this, seems like a real dilemma for people who just want to cut some parts and not try to develop a ugs platformā€¦i have a hobby, and its not in computer programming and software inventionā€¦just want to cnc some RC boat partsā€¦

This it what happened before it just stoped loadingā€¦
I lost access to find posted gcode files posted from fusion360, wile trying to thumb through files, ugs locked up, i ended tasted on ugs and tryed to reopen, but thats when i knew it was goin to be a long nightā€¦lololā€¦

@nitro20 Welcome to the group, Seth. Since your issue seems to be entirely related to UGS and not how it works with the Long Mill controller, you may want to post your issue in the UGS Google group

https://groups.google.com/g/universal-gcode-sender

I appreciate that you may have already done that since you started by saying that the problem still has no fix. This is your first post on this forum, so Iā€™m guessing that you have posted about your problem somewhere else with no solution.

You did say to ā€œsave the normal suggestionsā€, so Iā€™ll stop there. :wink:

Iā€™m having an issue running ugs as well. Iā€™m using a MacBook Pro though. Anyone have advice. It runs for a bit then just quits before anything loads in the nightly build box.