V1.4.3 start at line # does not start spindle

Start at line# moves does not restart the spindle. It moves around like it is starting from the right place but doesnā€™t spin up.

No response here? No one else having this issue?

@MtrDLP Does it work in 1.4.5?

in 1.4.5 it starts the spindle but ignores the dwell time

@MtrDLP Here is an old thread on this same issue.

If the recommended solution is out of date, you may want to open a support ticket with Sienci. Iā€™m sure that their gSender group will reply.

It is very disappointing that this issue isnā€™t fixed yet. How do I open a support ticket?

Go onto the sienci support website. The form is there. (Iā€™m assuming that the solution proposed by Kevin the linked post does not work for you.)

It doesnā€™t look like Kevin posted a solution. It just looks like suggestions on what a fix might possibly be. I guess I was saw the blurb in the documentation that said it retained the speed setting for recovery and thought ā€œgood, they fixed itā€, but if it isnā€™t going to wait for it to spin up recovery is not going to work. I guess if you are using a router with just on/off it is okay.

I guess the kludge fix is start the spindle via command line, wait until it is at speed, then start from line#. It will coast a few seconds so give it a higher RPM via command line so it will be up to speed before movement starts.

@MtrDLP Iā€™m likely misunderstanding Kevinā€™s ā€œsolutionā€. I thought that the said that you could put a dwell code in the start event field in gSender and that would do what you want.

At any rate, Iā€™m sure that you will get results from your support ticket.

So, if this is something that happens often, then perhaps there are other issues involved?