Z axis grinding and sticking on MK1

I noticed that my z axis was only able to turn by had about 1/3 of the way down by hand. When I used gsender, it would make grinding and scratching noises but could be forced past the spot it was stoping by hand. I removed the axis screw to see I could reproduce and without any screw in at all, the guide plates were still stoping at the same spot. I assume the bearings are bad in the blocks and ordered new parts. When I install the new guides, I report back here if that stops my job from failing.

Did you lube the bearings occasionally? I hope the new parts get you back up and running good.

1 Like

I didn’t lube yet. But I will make that a normal maintenance practice after I install the new ones. I just bought this MK1 used, so i’m continually learning new stuff.

1 Like

Yeah, who knows what the previous owner did for maintenance. A use a couple drops of 3in1 oil from time to time and no problems so far.

1 Like

Thanks, I will definitely do that. I’m guessing the bearings are ground down. I will see after I take it apart.

1 Like