Alarm 2 Soft Limits but Program Runs

Gemitsu 4040Pro - 400mm x 400mm

I’ve made several small name blocks is the past (80mm wide x 200mm long) and have had no issue when I upload the gcode (from Carbide Create). I always use the Outline feature to ensure everything is located properly. If everything is good I run the program. However today with a similar block (80x150), when I try the Outline it returns Alarm 2 Soft Limits error. My project is well within my limits - the scale on the preview screen shows it in proper location, but it still returns the error. Regenerated the code several times but same result. I did try the Verify Program and the simulation started and looked as it should. So for chits and giggles I pressed the Run Program, and it started and completed the part with no issues.

What is different between Outline and Run that would cause this error? I assumed it would have returned the soft limits error in Run mode as well.

It worked so I’m good, but wondering if anyone can add some insight should I run into this again.

Cheers TM

Hi @Turdmagnet, since we’re gearing up for a new gSender Main release I’m digging through older topics that fell through the cracks to see if the problems are now resolved on new gSender or gSender Edge versions, or if they still are occurring and if so then we’d like to fix them up promptly if we can.

If you can give any response in the next week or so it’d be greatly appreciated :+1: