Cnc not recognised!

Hi guys, thanks for the add. My gsender software isn’t recognising my small 3018 pro machine and I am obviously doing something wrong. Yes I am a total newbie. Any suggestions to get me going would be greatly appreciated as this is all that’s holding me back….frustratedly yours….Rob!:wink:

@Robm Welcome to the group, Rob.

The short solution to " buy a Long Mill". :grinning: :grinning:

The longer “solution” is really a question or three. When you say that gSender does not recognize your 3018, do you mean that it does not see the port that the 3018 is on when you hit the “connect” button?

What OS are you running?

Have you connected with other code senders, UGS, CNCjs, for example?

Hi gwilki,

1.That’s correct, it doesn’t see the port.

1. Running MAC OS

3.I haven’t tried any others YET lol! :grin:[quote=“gwilki, post:2, topic:3692, full:true”]
@Robm Welcome to the group, Rob.

The short solution to " buy a Long Mill". :grinning: :grinning:

The longer “solution” is really a question or three. When you say that gSender does not recognize your 3018, do you mean that it does not see the port that the 3018 is on when you hit the “connect” button?

What OS are you running?

Have you connected with other code senders, UGS, CNCjs, for example?
[/quote]

Also forgot to say thank you!

@Robm You’re very welcome, Rob.

OK, first off, books have been written about what I don’t know about Mac. But, that doesn’t stop me from kibbitzing.

So, first off, a simple one. According to the gSender specs, you need to be running Mac (El Capitan 10.11 and up). Are you?

Okay, you went there to get the latest Mac file, yes?

OK, looking back on a thread earlier this year, I see the ports are identified differently in Mac. Do you have either of these on your Mac when the controller is plugged in and turned on?

/dev/tty.usbmodem* or /dev/tty.usbserial.

I’ve just noticed that apparently Mac version isn’t out until probably a week or two. Wonder if that could be it?

Short answer is I’m not sure about which port or the version I’m currently running I’ll need to check.

@Robm I should have know that, Rob. My apologies. I’m sure that someone else here spoke of running gSender on a Mac. Unless I’m dreaming (entirely possible) he must have been using one of the PC emulators on his Mac. Sorry for the mis-information.

That’s no problem. Once again thank you. just knowing that someone is out there willing to assist is a great boost to morale. Anyway! I’m of on a short break so will be away for a week or so and then I’ll get back in touch with you to see if I can get this thing up and running. Anon! :wave:

1 Like

Hey Rob! We’ve got a new section of the USB recognizer coming with the next update that we hope will fix some of the issues people have been having with connecting. I’d say if you’re able to hold tight for a couple more days then that would be the best next option :vulcan_salute:

@Robm as of the new update, have you found you’re now able to connect to your machine via the ‘Unrecognized devices’ section in the ‘Connect’ dropdown?