File loading issues in 1.2.1

Hi, am I the only one still having issues with the new 1.2.1 update of gSender. I still have file loading issue
and I also get error codes in gcode when running gcode that worked perfectly before. I was able to get files to load using the trick someone had posted about loading file before connecting. But with the error codes constantly popping up I was afraid to use cnc. Even after resetting pc and re-installing windows v1.21 still gave errors in gcode and wouldnā€™t load files. After reinstalling windows twice Iā€™m back to version 1.7 and thankfully everything is back to normal. Gcode with the errors ran perfectly in v1.7. (I use vcarve pro to generate gcode.)

Could you give us a bit more information (operating system, architecture) and share your preferences and log files?

Preferences (on Windows) can be found in C:/Users/{your user name}/AppData/Roaming/gSender/gsender-0.5.6.json

Logs can be found close by: C:/Users/{your user name}/AppData/Roaming/gSender/logs/main.log

I installed 1.2.1 this morning and had a couple of error codes in gcode when running jobs that Iā€™ve been running fine in 1.7. My cnc started going on a tangent from the normal toolpath so I had to stop it as it was trying to make a 3/4" cut in plywood. When I stopped the job through gsender the error code popups went away.

everyone is having this, my mk1 is rendered unusable due to this. down $200 of wood alone already

I didnā€™t think to copy logs out before I formatted windows for reinstall. Iā€™m back to 1.7 now if those logs will help.
Thank you.

3 posts were split to a new topic: File Loading issues 1.2.2

How did you come to that conclusion? Iā€™ve been using 1.2.2 soon after it came out, and while it did/does have a few avoidable problems file loading is not one of them. I even load my gcode across my network.

Iā€™m suggesting that you have other problems causing this.

Whatever. UGS loads the files fine and never silently failed to load a file. Any fails in UGS generated an appropriate error message to tell me what I did wrong ( in one case the message was enough to tell me that editing the code by hand might be required to change something ). As a new user it does not really matter does it? UGS works and helps when I do something wrong. GSender doesnā€™t work properly and doesnā€™t say what it has a problem with. No messages, nothing. All these .gcode files were created by Vectric Desktop. It is not MY problem. Software should just work, or if it doesnā€™t, it should tell you what it thinks is wrong so you can try to do something about it. Also, your experience doesnā€™t dictate what others experience. The world is a LOT more complicated than that.

Iā€™m too old for ā€œpassion!ā€ :smiley: Well, 1.2.2 still has this highly random jogging problem, but only if you hold a jog button longer than the hold-down-delay time. No way for me to troubleshoot it, but I have not had a problem while only using the keyboard, so thatā€™s what I do.

It is a good solution, because I no longer have a touch screen input. I has shown up by mouse click-holding the jog buttons on-screen (extremely randomly), so I donā€™t do that either (or very sparingly and never holding.) It isnā€™t a problem, mainly because Iā€™m moving on to the next version soon.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve heard some other scattered reports of that too and at one point spent a full hour jogging every which way I could and still couldnā€™t get anything wrong to happen.

Tex, could you maybe send me your entire gSender settings file from the main settings window? Iā€™m wondering if maybe some combination of things is causing it to happen. If you ever caught it on video with the console tab open itā€™d also be a lifesaver

@chrismakesstuff @CrookedWoodTex Iā€™m not 100% I follow the jogging issue, but if what is meant is that jogging stops before unclicking jog buttons in the UI, then I definitely experienced that many times last night. It wasnā€™t at all hard to encounter and was super annoying because I was moving some 750mm when setting up limits on my machine. It would happen multiple times during 750mm moves. I think that jogging via the gamepad was not affected, as one might expect if keyboard jogging isnā€™t affected.

I figured this one WAS on my end. I was using a wireless mouse. The receiver was on the back of the computer so there was some good shielding going on between the mouse and the receiver. I moved the receiver to the front of the system, as I was also seeing laggy wireless keyboard behavior. Unfortunately I do not recall if this eliminated the issue or not as I was in the process of setting up to use the gamepad (which is wired in, even though it is capable of being used as a wireless device). Furthermore, the issue is somewhat similar to what might happen as mouse buttons wear out (though I doubt that this mouse button is worn out as I do not recall seeing any dropped drags while click-dragging).

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure, Iā€™ll have to wait for Tex to clarify. The issue you bring up I was going to say I had a few more ideas on what it could be but if youā€™ve found the source on your end then Iā€™m happy to hear that :smiley:

OK, but Iā€™ve done this before.

To clarify, I havenā€™t seen an under-run problem (as @Brayvin describes.) When my event happens, it is always an over-run problem. It always keeps going beyond the point where I release the ā€œbutton.ā€

I would describe it as a buffer being filled by the down-button event, but not truncated by the up-button event.

I normally jog with my keyboard to move the XYZ points around the Workspace without a hint of a problem.

I shortened a 1/16" bit by jamming it into the zero block, because I was impatient and wanted to get closer before I started the probe operation. So, it isnā€™t necessarily program related.

I only mention this all because its there in the scary background waiting for me to screw up. :smiley: I havenā€™t turned my back on it in a long while, so the beast doesnā€™t infect my normal operating processes.

1 Like