Gamepad/Joystick Support

I tried the PS controllers with no luck so I bought a Logitech 710. I have the jog X and jog Y working plus angle moves working on both the D pad and the joysticks. However, I tried to assign the Lt and RT triggers to the Z- and Z+ but they both move Z in the neg direction only. I get no + movement???

Good news, the wireless EasySMX ESM-9013 gamepad for PC/Android/PS3 (the same remote they use with the OneInfinity) works. And it’s cheap on AliExpress.

You must go to the EasySMX website for the driver (Ran it through, Windows defender and Malware bytes. All OK).

You can make any changes in GSender, go to settings, shortcuts, then the right tab - Joystick Shortcuts.

YES!!!
I’m thinking of getting one once all the problems with my machine get (hopefully) ironed out. Everybody says this one works, that should work, tried but didn’t work…and noone tells what they did, how to even attach it or where in the gsender to set it up!!! Hate feeling ignorant!!!

I would like to know more about the setup on this if you can provide details.

Hi Steve

Very little to it. I’ve copied this from another post I made. I don’t use it as much as I thought, but my buddy has mapped a bunch of things and loves it. I can’t remember what button does what other than the directions.

You need the drivers - from the EasySMX website https://www.easysmx.com/…/download-product-drivers-and…

There are Win32 and Win64 bit versions, so make sure you get the right one. (I’ve virus checked it on Windows defender and Malware bytes. All OK).

You can use the pads to move the X & Y and I had to add Z in custom settings, but all works fine, I’ll play more with custom commands and let you know how I get on. To make any changes in GSender, go to settings, shortcuts, then Joystick Shortcuts.

Once the USB receiver is plugged in press and hold the middle button and it should pair. The two upper LEDS should be lit, if not keep pressing the middle button, the two LEDS indicate Windows compatible mode.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32821861931.html…

Cool!!! Thank you!!! I’ve had my machine for over 4 months and I have had so much trouble that I think Sienci has given up on helping me. When I feel I can trust it to carve properly, I would like to have a controller like that. I only wish I had purchased the OneFinity machine in the beginning!!!

What gamepad/joystick controller do you recommend?

Here is a simple and affordable solution I found works beautifully. I tried using a blutooth game controller and the joy to key software but I experienced lag and you needed to have the software running. This method is straight fwd, just connect a numeric keypad and program the shortcuts in G Sender. I am using a usb keypad which is very stable. The Android emojis are attached with double sided tape.

4 Likes

I may be missing something obvious but. I have a logitech F310. I can connect with either x or direct. On either I can jog just fine but it seems like assigning buttons (i.e. homing with the X button) is not working. Gsender detects the button press when assigning the shortcut but nothing happens outside of that.

I was mistaken, it seems like just homing that has the issue.

and the probing commands

Is anyone looking at the problem with Version 1.2 and XBox bluetooth controller?

1 Like

It’s similar issues with other Xbox wireless controllers. I have an EasySMX Wireless 2.4g xbox controller that worked in the previous version, but stopped with 1.2, and even before in Edge 1.2.5.

Having problem making the Logiteck F710 wireless works with gSender 1.2.0. I planned to use it mostly to jog. Only actions mapped to X and Y axis seems to have any effect. Z axis doesn’t react to any trigger it’s mapped to. Also noticed when assignind key to action gSender complaining about the key already being in use when it’s not mapped to any action. Even deleting an assigned key and re-assigning it fails.

Will be giving AntiMicroX a try.

Xbox game controller, gSender V1.1.7.
Cannot get Home or Probe to function. Shortcuts says the buttons have been logged, but they do not function in practice.
Any help please?

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience on this gamepad issue with the new release. We have investigated the problem and seemingly fixed it on our end, specifically for the z-axis shortcut not working and the home and probe functions not invoking, as well as some other minor updates there.

If anyone could send me their preferences file by exporting their settings on gsender 1.2.0 that would be awesome, it would help me verify that our changes actually work as expected so we don’t run into another problem with gamepad shortcuts.

Thanks,

Walid K.

1 Like

@walid_kayhan I went back to 1.1.7 last night because I hadn’t realized just how much I used the controller in my flow, until I couldn’t. But I do have an export that I am pretty sure I did from 1.2 the night it was released.

gSender-settings-6_17_2023-10_03_54 PM.json (61.7 KB)

1 Like

@F4Creations Thanks for the settings. Can confirm that our fix is working as intended now, z-axis shortcuts are working again, as well as homing and probing. Did you have any other difficulties with gamepads on 1.2.0?

1 Like

@walid_kayhan Thanks for taking a look at the code… The issue a few of us had was just the gamepads not connecting at all, or connecting and after the first motion disconnect. I had gone back to 1.1.7 merely for the stable gamepad connection.

Thanks
Here’s my file
gSender-firmware-settings-22_06_2023-07_15_31.json (552 Bytes)