Getting Ready for Your New Long Mill

@RobertPodvin your shop space looks like itā€™s been rendered on a computer :astonished: crazy setup and great table build! Kudos :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Thanks Chris Ya Iā€™m kind of into everything but I am really looking forward to getting my longmill I will probably be enclosing the the machine but thought I better wait until it gets here so I get the dimensions right.

3 Likes

@RobertPodvin you might not want to run the longmill in that shop - you would get it dirty!

Just saying that b/c I am jealous of the organization you clearly have in your shop - mine always looks like a bomb wen off in it.

Serious note though, enclosing is not a bad idea, I was not prepared for how much dust these machines put out. I do a lot of work on motorcycles and cars as well - just make sure any of your engine projects are all buttoned up prior to running the cnc to keep saw dust out of your motors :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Totally jealous of that garage/workshop and what a gorgeous table for your LM.

-Jeff

2 Likes

Hay thanks for the feedback you guys and i appreciate the complements on the table and the shop but trust me that shop does get used alot from sawdust to grease it gets preety bad some days being attached to the house i like to keep it clean keeps the other half off my back lol you can see im into Harleys so you know the first sign i would like to make might be.

Great shop and great table. Iā€™m curious about the holes in the legs of your table. Do they have a specific purpose?

1 Like

Thanks CDR appreciate thatā€¦ the hole on the table are merely just there because I thought they might look cool little more mechanical looking I guess. LOL

1 Like

Thanks Jeff I appreciate the compliments.

1 Like

Thanks for this reply. Calmed my nerves a bit as I am feeling so very overwhelmed after building the LM30x30. I just want to get it going, but am no where close ready from a software side of things.
RobertPodvinā€¦man do I wish I was in that spaceā€¦great table!

Any other software get-off-the-ground help/advice would be awesome!