gSender 0.6.6 is now here!: Feedback thread

@Swinly You’re welcome. However, nothing is solved yet. :grinning: With luck, it’s some glitch that will be simple to resolve.

On feeds, slower is not necessarily better. Depending on the speed that your router is set to, too slow can result in burning. The file that you posted is a very shallow pocket, if I read the code correctly. That also enters into the feed rate. I used to do everything by ear. You can always start slow in your gcode, then increase on the fly in gsender or UGS. Lately, I’ve been using as my starting point this feeds and speeds chart. It’s not a Bible by any means, but it gets me in the ballpark. For me, much of this is trial and lots of error.

1 Like

If you’re using quarter inch bits you can be way more aggressive

If your bits are the 1/8 ones I tend to be a bit more in general in the feeds and speeds as well

If you want to be daring order some cheap pets from AliExpress you know like the 10 bits for for 10 bucks kind of thing and just see what they can do

1 Like

Hello everyone. I have a minor bug I think. Loaded a major carve of 300,000 lines using a 1/8 tapered mill. Everything loaded in gsender, the project started carving, and the line counter started going up. Around line 3000, the counter stopped and the graphic display froze. The CNC continued to carve as expected and finished the project 5 hours later. At this point I had to shutdown gsender to regain control.
My first guess would be that the buffer on my PC was full but it should have emptied slowly and progressed onward. Instead all the graphics froze and gsender would not shutdown, pause or return to normal.

I am not able to load files in the gSender. I have reinstall the update and it still not working.

2 Likes

I have the same issue

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Joshua. Thanks for stepping up with the no file symptom. Was beginning to think I was the only one with the issue.

1 Like

@Jlg0682 I will add to Wayne’s welcome, Joshua. Are you running a 32 bit or 64 bit OS?

@Panamapete Can you post the gcode, Pierre?

64 bit operating system.

@Jlg0682 Damn! :grinning: I know that the Sienci team is looking into this. News at 11.

It’s all good. I know they will get it.

There doesn’t seem to be a way to attach the file. Embedding it is not really an option as it has over 300,000 lines.

@Panamapete Pierre: If you reply to this, you will see an icon at the top of the reply window with an up arrow graphic. Clicking that opens a window that allows you to choose between a file on the internet and one on your PC. In terms of gcode files, accepable extensions are .nc and .gcode. If your file is not one of those, you can change it in windows before attaching it. I don’t know what the file size restriction is, but even with that many lines, you should be fine. These are simply text files, so they are not large, generally.

There is an excellent video by Menglor earlier in this thread that shows how to attach a file.

The file is too big, max 4096KB

@Panamapete I’ve sent you a private message, Pierre.

Just courius but is there a fearture for when my dumb self clicks the “Zero X” button instead of the “Go To” button next to it that undoes the previous action? Or returns it to the previously set Zero?

@Swinly Everything that I read says that there is no undo command in grbl gcode. Since that is all gsender is doing when you click zero x, I believe that you are out of luck, unfortunately. I can sympathize, having done the same thing more than once. If this is happening more often than you can stand, you could always create macros for the two commands. It will not be as convenient as clicking a button on the interface, but it would likely eliminate the “blast it” moment.

1 Like

Hi Grant, I zipped and sent the file to your email address thanks for looking at it.

Hi Guys, here is a little trick I read somewhere and the experts have probably seen this but for us newbies it is worth repeating.
When lowering your Z slide a piece of paper on the project. Go into “precise” mode and lower slowly while jiggling the paper. As soon as the paper catches go +Z once, remove paper, then -Z twice and set for zero. This works specially well for sharp fine point that tired old eyes can’t see that well.

5 Likes

I’m going to start closing these old release threads since as soon as a new version is released any comments or issues can be directed to the most recent release feedback thread.

If anyone that reported an issue here is still experiencing it, I would be grateful if you could update me and the development team here :slight_smile:: Official 0.7.2 Release Thread: Improvements for endstops, axis setting, and more - #12 by DLare