Good day y’all!
I know I had a thread previously for this but this world is all about learning and I quickly discovered that combining a post on issues as well as suggestions quickly became mostly issues which I feel are better left to the release threads.
As we’re slowly working our way towards a stable release of gSender, me and the team are trying to make considerations as to what remaining features we want to fit into the first stable version, and then what to prioritize afterwards.
Using voting, I hope this will be a good central location to summarize the feedback that I’m seeing from everyone in addition to features that I myself have come up.
gSender Wish list
- Improved handling of reliability & slowness (Lightweight mode)
- In-app counter that informs you on hours of machine operation (actual running jobs) to help time upkeep, maintenance, and just for fun
- Jogging on machine pause (e.g. for tool changing)
- Highly accurate time estimation
- Ability to reload the same file if it’s being iterated on
- Headless Pi operation
- “First Run” / Configuration Wizard
- Beginner mode: checks up on you and walks you through things
- Make visible all currently active modal states
- Surface / heightmap probing tool
- Advanced probing tool for centre-finding, hole probing, etc.
- Code splitting feature
- G-code realignment
- Job arraying
- Job management / scheduling
- G-code editor
- Full 3D cutting visualization
Please vote if you see anything here that you’d like to see implemented. Also, please reply in this thread if you have other ideas that aren’t mentioned or would like to add onto the ideas currently posted