Is there a Gsender reference Manual?

Hi, new longmill owner here trying to figure out Gsender. Is there a tutorial or manual somewhere?

I have homing switches on the machine and wondering how to program different work areas. For example I want to be able to cut out a part at one home location then go to a different home location and work on another part.

Can this be done?

Also, not sure if this is a bug but I could not get Gsender to run the surfacing code it has built in. I started once and skipped a bunch of lines about a quarter of the way through.
Now, each time I start the job, machine would lock. What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.

@0so - Follow this link to Sienci forum for docs - Installation - gSender Docs. Also this link on Facebook for video on gSender by Chris Thorog - gSender Guide, Tips, and FAQ - YouTube . There are many videos on YouTube. Just search for gSender. The different homing locations is call the “Work Coordinate System or WCS”. It allows you to set up 6 different homing locations. I think you can do more than 6 but I know there are 6 basic ones (G54 through G59). Check out IDC Woodcraft for YouTube video howto’s. As for the surfacing code issue I haven’t tried that yet. It wasn’t available when I did my spoilboard. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

2 Likes

@0so with the new 1.0.3 version just released is this something you still notice?

Hi Chris,it appears to have gone away with the update.