List of Shipped Machines

I got my shipping confirmation and i am nr 24 on the list at the time of this post :grin: so it loks like they have hit their goal for the amount of machines this week :+1:

We got up to order #25698 today but the UPS truck never showed up! They’ll end up out the door at 9am Monday morning :+1:

Orders up to #25636 were shipped this week plus #25643 and #25651 since those shipped Canada Post :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Jeff, you may have gotten the answer already, but my X travel is 30+". I never measured it with the old shoe so I don’t know if it’s better than it was, but it seems better.

1 Like

Hey Jeff, the magnetic bracket on the right side reduces the x-axis travel by 33.5mm compared to the 50mm of the old design so it’s been improved by 33% :nerd_face:

If anyone wants all the info on the dust shoe it’s on the shop page

With the machines shipping out today, that moves me up to #25 on the list. WooHooo! Starting to get excited as mine should ship out this week. Hopefully early since Monday is Labor Day and I hope to be doing some Labor of putting the machine together. Oh the irony of it all LOL. Thanks for all of the hard work getting the machines built, packed, and shipped out on time guys.

On another note. How long did it take everyone to figure out that Sienci is actually a play on and pronounced CNC? :joy:

2 Likes

Machine shipped yesterday! Just about 8 weeks from order to shipping. Given the issues with the V-slot wheels, more than acceptable to me! Took total advantage of the lead time; vetted softwares, learned Carveco inside out, studied tooling, learned about sending GCode, learned not to use Easel, the list goes on and on!

Can’t wait for my machine to land. Really really happy I was able to get my head wrapped around all of this! Quite different from 3D printing!

Thanks Chris and team!

1 Like

Woohoo Machine shipped yesterday, it’s sitting on the porch waiting for me to get home today .

1 Like

On the topic of shipping … I am curious about what transit time experiences have been for folks. Does crossing the US CA border add any sort of delay? I am just outside of Los Angeles and am trying to properly balance my time between building out my workspace and learning software. I want to know how much I need to panic once I get the shipping notification.

1 Like

Got an email from UPS that my machine will be delivered this coming Friday. That’s 4 days from Toronto to Rhode Island. Not bad!

2 Likes

I know Easel isn’t robust at all and I don’t really want to use it but I’m just curious why you say you learned not to use it.

1 Like

There have been numerous post across numerous forums of people having issues with it. Type of machine doesn’t matter either. From Loosing steps, bits diving into work pieces, Misaligned text, to just going crazy during a carve. From all of the countless post, the problems seam to occur when people send the code to their machine directly from Easel. When using Easel,most of the advise to avoid the issue is to download your g-code and run it through a control software such as UGS (Universal G-Code Sender), Candle, or a similar program instead of trying to send the code directly to your machine.

Just to note, I don’t use Easel. I think a big draw is that it is a browser based software and is a good option for people with older computers. The reason being is that most CAD/CAM programs are memory hogs and are super slow on computers with low RAM capacities. There are other free options such as Kiri-Moto which is also a browser based software that is way user friendly in my opinion. I hope that answers your question and maybe help someone else out along the way.

That’s my issue: old computer. Both my iMac and MacBook Pro are prior to 2010. I didn’t know Kiri-Moto was web-based though. I’ll have to check that out. Thanks.

Hi all, I’m back with a quick update post to give out.

It’s been an exciting last few weeks! I’m very happy with how well our whole team has been working together to keep getting LongMills out the door. The last three weeks have gone very well - shipping out about 50 LongMills each week - and we’re now approaching the end of the pre-packing that we got done during the v-wheel fiasco.

I was speaking with Andy about this, and I think that our solution will be to change our pace from 50 machines to 30 machines per week for the coming few weeks. This will give our team the time they need to keep packing machines effectively all while continuing to spend time providing the technical help and customer service to all of our new and existing customers as they always have.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I’m always here to help :+1:

1 Like

Sooo, how will this affect the listed lead times for future purchases?

Thanks!

As far as I can foresee this will have no effect. We’d originally planned to do 50 the first week, followed by 40 the next two weeks and 30 the two weeks after as this is the exact amount that would be needed to maintain our 6 week lead-time promise. Instead, we managed to ship 50 each week for the first three weeks. This has put us ahead of schedule enough that some individuals are receiving their LongMills up to half-a-week early.

As we continue forward, we’ll keep trying to stick to the 6 week lead-time but we’ll keep expectations at 6-8 weeks since that gives us some wiggle room in case another crazy mess arises :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Perfect. Thanks so much for keeping us up to date! Hopefully ordering soon.

Will you still be shipping 50 more machines this week? Are you counting the units that shipped on Monday due to UPS not showing up Friday as part of the 50 for this week?

We’ll be shipping 30 units this week so if you account for the ones we shipped out at the start of the week then I suppose that’s around 50

I’m going to encourage you to continue to strive for 50 machines a week. It was much more exciting to see how quickly my order descended from 250ish down to 150. 30 machines a week would basically lose all the ground gained in the last 2 weeks.

Just my opinion. Of course, I have no idea what commitment is required for 50 machines a week.

Whoop Whoop! Just received my tracking number. For everyone worried about shipping, it says on the site when ordering 6-8 weeks. If you haven’t been following the thread, they ran into a problem with getting the right wheels and to ensure they got the machines shipped out on time, they bought wheels from a competitor at a greatly marked up price to not only insure quality, but also to get the machines shipped out on time. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks from the day my machine was ordered, and it shipped today. Cut the guys some slack. Yes, it’s a long six weeks. I’ve checked this thread every day of it. That being said, we knew when we ordered it was going to be six-eight weeks. More than likely it will be six weeks without any issues. They’re slowing shipping down to ensure quality control. Would you rather get a machine that was hastily put together that you might have an issue with out of the box and have to wait on replacement parts, or wait an extra week and know it’s going to be flawless? I vote for flawless out of the box. Thanks for all of your hard work guys getting the machines out expeditiously.

2 Likes