No red lights on controller

I have no red lights, but to do have a green light on the power brick, and I can also see a tiny green LED flashing close to where the power comes into the controller (maybe the arduino?). Jogging the power switch has no effect.

Machine was bought in April - any suggestions?

Contact Sienci. Sounds like known power switch problem.

2 Likes

Confirmed. Wiggling the power switch causes it to “bounce” the red lights on/off - but will not stay on unfortunately. No CNC playing for me today it seems.

1 Like

@flxstr Mark: While you are waiting to see about a replacement controller, you can bypass the switch and plug the controller into a power bar to turn it on and off.

I’m attaching a pic of the terminals that you bridge to make this happen. I did this with my original controller. It took all of about 5 minutes

1 Like

Wouldn’t a power bar be the incorrect voltage there - wouldn’t it be better to use the power output from the brick instead?

@flxstr If you bypass the switch, the controller is always on. I suppose you could cut the cable from the brick and put a switch into that. It’s much simpler to plug the brick into a power bar and simply use the power bar’s switch to turn the Mill off and on. That way, there are no cables to cut. It’s your call, though. I just wanted to keep it simple.

1 Like

it’s later in the day, and I’ve had more coffee. now I understand what you mean by “bridge”. LOL

That would be easier.

1 Like

I had the same problem. I bought an E-stop from Amazon and soldered it to the connectors from the original rocker switch. Works perfectly and now I have an E-stop. I had to pull the case off the controller to do it properly, That case is built like a tank. I also wired in some LED lights that I have at the back of my stand so I know that I left it on when I’m done cutting, I have forgotten it on over night before. Not anymore though.

2 Likes