Problem with the height of the wood and the touch plate

I have been using gSender in Beta 1.0. I havenā€™t had any trouble really until today. I usually use wood that is approx .75 - 1 inch. However, today I am working with a 2 inch slab. Using the touch plate (which I absolutely love) works well, until I then ask the machine to go to zero, it slides half way down cutting into the wood.
I tried all kinds of troubleshooting; restarted the connection, turned off EVERYthing, reconnected the wiring to the touch plate, and was at my wits end.
So I tried on a 1 inch slab and low and behold the xyz zeroing worked. I looked in all the settings to see if there was some sort of height limitation, but I did not see anything.
To further confirm this was not a user error, I switched back over to UGS to run the code. And it worked.
Please let me know if there is some setting I am overlookingā€¦ I really like the interface with gSender, and it seems a lot smoother than others.
Thank you.

1 Like

As well with gsender I have been enjoying the Touch Pad with the Z only setting. Until I stepped up my game and also added the XYZ setting. The XY worked fine but now the Z plunges into the wood approx. 0.1 in. Going back to the Z only setting once again corrects this.

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s an issue with your approach @chapklc, it seems like it may be a left-over bug in the probing module. Will look into it