Restarting program from Line.....Speeds and feeds are off

When I stop my program from gSender 1.0.1 and then restart it from a certain line, the speeds and feeds are way too high. I tried reducing them by 50% but they are still too high. What is causing this? Is it something in the program that I can adjust?

@BowyerAK Welcome to the group, Alan.

That was a known glitch in previous versions of gSender. Upgrade to 1.0.5 and you will find all is well.

1 Like

I just did that but it didnā€™t work. Only when I start the program from the beginning will it recognize the correct speed.

@BowyerAK Welcome to the forum sir! I donā€™t have an answer for you as I havenā€™t got my MK2 yet. But I am sure someone here will chime in with the fix for your problem. Once solved, please share what the fix was. That will help greenhorns like me! šŸ„ø

Be safe!
Jake

2 Likes

no problem.
I checked the gcode and there are speeds defined throughout the problem about ever ~2400 lines on this 3D carve. I started the program several lines before the ā€œF60ā€ commands. It blow right by it and never changed.

@BowyerAK Iā€™ve not heard of this happening with version 1.0.5. You can confirm that you uninstalled 1.0.1 and installed 1.0.5, correct?

Iā€™ve moved your post to the gSender category so that the gSender team at Sienci will see it. Stay tuned.

1 Like

I tried sending my file via email but I donā€™t think it went through. Below is a link to Onedrive of the file in question.
I ran the file from start to finish on Saturday with no issues. Just when I start it mid file the speeds are off and I canā€™t adjust them in gSender.

1 Like

@BowyerAK Iā€™ll be interested to see what Sienci says. I opened the file in notepad++ just for fun. Itā€™s big, for sure - 1.8million lines. The only feed rates seem to be 40 inches per minute and 60 inches per minute. So, since thatā€™s only a 50% increase from the low to the high, I would have thought that you would be able to lower it on the fly using the slider in gSender.

If you havenā€™t done already, you may want to open a support ticket with Sienci. The gSender team monitors this category quite closely, but a ticket will go directly to them. One thing that you may want to mention is the feed rate that you are seeing in gSender when you do a ā€œstart from lineā€ start. Since it seems that itā€™s neither 40ipm nor 60ipm, I wonder where the feed rate is coming from.

I did try and recompile the file again today making some minor adjustments and I had the same result. I wonder if I am doing something wrong in Fusion 360.

Side note, I did the carve non stop the other day and it turn out great. :slight_smile:

@BowyerAK I doubt that itā€™s something you are doing wrong since it will run start to finish. Looking at the code, other than it being huge, nothing jumps out at me. I donā€™t know Fusion360. Can you export an .stl from it? I could see what happens in Vcarve. I know that you can export a dxf, but it will lose the 3D properties.

Iā€™m sure that the gurus at Sienci will figure this out. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Worked with @BowyerAK in some emails back and forth and Iā€™m pretty certain this is happening because his g-code isnā€™t declaring G1 movements on each line (which most code does) and so the start from line is using rapid movements rather than the feed rate specified

This should be a simple modal track that we can add to the the g-code ā€˜preambleā€™ to solve this issue on the next build :+1:

@chrismakesstuff And thatā€™s why they pay you the big bucks. :innocent: I looked all through @BowyerAK file and didnā€™t pick up on that. Live and learn.

This sounds like the issue I was having last week, but didnā€™t manage to describe it well in my post. If nothing else, take solace in the fact that you arenā€™t alone

1 Like

This should be fixed in the next release - Start from line will also sent the last movement modal encountered. Iā€™ll follow up after the build has been published.

Cheers,
Kevin

2 Likes

Following up for @KGN , are any of yā€™all still seeing the same issue or has it now been resolved @ryanprice @BowyerAK ?