I have been doing some pretty large 3d carves lately. The one currently running is 12 million lines of code. Shortly after starting the CNC the GSender software becomes unresponsive. The machine is still carving correctly, but the visualizer is frozen, no buttons will operate to pause, etc. The timer is counting up from zero for total time but % done does not change, etc. I am thinking maybe memory issues but I am running a recently new Alienware lap top with 32 G memory with a GPU installed. Seems strange to me.
@Tjones Which version of gSender? I think there have been improvements on memory handling but I’m not sure if it’s in v1.6.3 or in the beta (Edge) V1.7
12 million lines of g-code is a giant file to visualize when you consider the amount of vertices and colours needed to represent the toolpath.
Your laptop may have 32gb but electron processes are sandboxed to a lower amount.
We do have some major improvements coming to memory usage for visualization and parsing in the last 2 Edge versions as well as coming in the next one - some benchmarks for memory/speed:
Even then 12 million lines I’d consider using everything off Lightweight mode to not visualize it.
I’d be interested in getting one of these 12m line files to test against - our top example in 86mb/5.5 million lines.
