I have been looking over various posts and can’t seem to find any solution talk about with this specific issue. Yesterday I finally got everything settled with my Longmill. I had 1 successful cut and had to call it a night. I got up this morning to try a few more cuts and the Z-Axis does not lift unless I support slightly. The best way to describe what I think is happening is that there is too much weight for the motor to pull up. I do have the dust shoe, but I took that for testing and I sam still having issues.
What I have checked:
- Wiring placement
- Wiring connection
- Wiring seated to motor and control box
- I have taken the router off and it seems to work, but only for a few upward movements
- Check the eccentric nut and it is loose, but not overly so (I also tried tightening this)
- Belt tension both tight and slightly less then tight
- 2 computers running UGS they both have the same results
- Settings in UGS XY - 10mm | Z - 2mm | Feedrate - 1000
TLDR: The lead screw on z-axis does not move at all when I ask via UGS for a Z+ movement
I have 2 videos uploaded here:
I appreciate any help the community can give!