Gamepad/Joystick Support

I have tried 2 xbox usb controllers and have little luck with either. There were several issues and inconsistent results with gsender version 7.1 and 7.3. I had hoped the latest version I installed 7.5 would resolve some issues and work better. Unfortunately the results are not as good as the previous versions.

Though, the joysticks are no longer captured when trying to set up. Other buttons can get set up, but when used do not work. I can get the z- button to move, yet the z+ button also moves in a negative z direction.

After continuing to play with the xbox controller I figured a couple things out.

If I press and hold the button or joystick nothing happens.

If I press or move the joystick for a moment and release, then the the associated action will take place.

Also the joysticks on the control are not programmable and default to x and y movements.

1 Like

Hey Folks,

As @NeilFerreri mentioned there were some issues with the continuous jogging when assigned to a button on your gamepad. In some situations when releasing the button the continuous jog would not stop as intended and keeps moving, which is obviously problematic and causes us to hit the emergency stop button. In the stable version of gSender that was released last Friday, I have addressed this issue and did some testing on it to make sure I could not replicate that bug again. If you guys want to test that out and let me know if that issue still persists please feel free! Thanks to all who have given me feedback so far as well!

Cheers,
Walid K

1 Like

Hello,

I am trying to use a " SQDeal USB Wired Joystick Gamepad"

I only get motion on the x- axis while using the analog button. It only moves in the x negative direction. No other buttons seem to cause any reaction. I am also on a Raspberry Pi 4. With the latest downloaded version as of a couple weeks ago. So roughly (11/15) time frame.

Is there a list of Gamepads that currently work? I would like to get one and try it. I would prefer a wired unit if there is one known to work on the RP 4.

Also great software. I think by far the best sender out there!

Thanks,
Mike

Hello,

I have the SNES controller and trying to control jogging in Gsender. The buttons on the controller work (ABXY) but the direction pad (D-pad) doesn’t register when trying to assign it under the shortcut menu.

Thank you
Nick

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Xbox 360 controller use in gSender

Hello all,

I’m wondering if it is possible to use a pendant controller on the Longmill? I use Easel Pro and a Mac laptop.

Thanks,
Andre

If you could find a pendant that works with GRBL. Maybe.

Otherwise a USB joystick works great

2 Likes

What about the Playstation controller? I haven’t seen it mentioned. Could it be compatible?

Might work. But PS controllers are blue tooth

Yes. Okay. Thanks for that input.

1 Like

Tried to connect to that link but it said it doesn’t exist or it is a private page…

Hey @walid_kayhan do you have a video for setting up this Logitech F710 from start to finish? Just got mine today. Video might be handy or point us to the link if there already is one.

Hey @RickW,

I don’t have a video setting up a Logitech F710 or any other gamepad/joystick on gSender at the moment, but that does seem like an interesting and useful video to have for the people who want some additional help and clarification with joysticks setups, and I will definitely consider making a video in the future if that’s what you guys really want!

Walid K

thanks @walid_kayhan
Got mine set up but required a little tinkering.

1 Like

I tried the PS controllers with no luck so I bought a Logitech 710. I have the jog X and jog Y working plus angle moves working on both the D pad and the joysticks. However, I tried to assign the Lt and RT triggers to the Z- and Z+ but they both move Z in the neg direction only. I get no + movement???

Good news, the wireless EasySMX ESM-9013 gamepad for PC/Android/PS3 (the same remote they use with the OneInfinity) works. And it’s cheap on AliExpress.

You must go to the EasySMX website for the driver (Ran it through, Windows defender and Malware bytes. All OK).

You can make any changes in GSender, go to settings, shortcuts, then the right tab - Joystick Shortcuts.

YES!!!
I’m thinking of getting one once all the problems with my machine get (hopefully) ironed out. Everybody says this one works, that should work, tried but didn’t work…and noone tells what they did, how to even attach it or where in the gsender to set it up!!! Hate feeling ignorant!!!

I would like to know more about the setup on this if you can provide details.

Hi Steve

Very little to it. I’ve copied this from another post I made. I don’t use it as much as I thought, but my buddy has mapped a bunch of things and loves it. I can’t remember what button does what other than the directions.

You need the drivers - from the EasySMX website https://www.easysmx.com/…/download-product-drivers-and…

There are Win32 and Win64 bit versions, so make sure you get the right one. (I’ve virus checked it on Windows defender and Malware bytes. All OK).

You can use the pads to move the X & Y and I had to add Z in custom settings, but all works fine, I’ll play more with custom commands and let you know how I get on. To make any changes in GSender, go to settings, shortcuts, then Joystick Shortcuts.

Once the USB receiver is plugged in press and hold the middle button and it should pair. The two upper LEDS should be lit, if not keep pressing the middle button, the two LEDS indicate Windows compatible mode.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32821861931.html…