What are your plans for a table?

I ended up making the Fisher rotating table but I modified it a bit. For one I didn’t like the idea of having the power inside the table. Two I squared up the right side of the table ends. The plans want you to cut it in a triangle shape but I made it square. Also I made the legs as the plan said but later changed the plan. I used oak dow to make pins to hold the table in it’s position. And finally I added a harbor freight dust collector to the right side. Still waiting for my 4inch hose and reducer to come in.

4 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

@sjetton
That table looks good. I like the drawer unit on the side. That is something I still plan to do on my table when I find the time.

Have you done cnc work before? Be sure to stay around and post some of your projects and ask questions if need be. Everyone here has been very helpful and has put up with my newbie questions.

1 Like

I’m having builders remorse now with some of the other table designs. lol.

1 Like

@Swinly I’ve never done any CNC before but I have been working with 3D printers for the last 2 years. Hopefully tonight will be my first part. Just waiting on some vacuum hoses before I surface my spoil board.

I plan to stay around. I also joined the Facebook group.

3 Likes

@sjetton, what can I say, looks like something I would have in my living room, furniture.

Love it, nice work!

Wife won’t like what I’m thinking for our new house!

1 Like

I found a drafting table on marketplace for free. A few minor adjustments and ta da! Solid table with drawers for free. There seems to be lots of drafting tables cheap or free near me. Brand new to this but the table seems sturdy and dead flat. 20210913_201337|666x500

2 Likes

Love your adjustable shop stool

1 Like

Hello!

Did someone look into this (or similar) Workbench mounting System for a CNC Table?

Youtube Video

Any Comments?

Not sure i can reference Specific Product/Manufacturer on this forum. If not, Please delete this post.

I ordered my 30x30 today and came here looking for inspiration for a table build before it arrives.

Bill Wow!!! Inspiration I have found :exploding_head:

Thanks

1 Like

Where are the plans for this? do you have them?
can i get them sent to my email? m.lewis@sasktel.net

1 Like

I’ve mentioned this before but I think it may be worth mentioning again. I found a drafting table on marketplace for free. I often see them on there for very very reasonable prices. They work great as a table for the longmill. I mounted 3/4" MDF to the top of the table and mounted the machine to that. I then cut an additional piece of MDF to fit between the arms of the machine. This reduces the depth slightly but gives the table a little more weight and stability. The control box I mounted to the side. I have a full T track system with clamps I have yet to install. Plan is to get comfortable with the machine and then add those. Don’t want to run bits into them and im still learning.

Please excuse the mess. I have 5 projects on the go at the moment. Saturday mornings are clean the shop time.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your table build solution. I’m still trying to figure out which route to go: fixed table, or tilting table. My challenge is that I want to be able to pivot the table from its horizontal working position to its vertical stored position. Regardless of which way I eventually go, I am planning to make a stable platform, most likely a torsion box style. I’ve seen something on this forum that pivots for storage.

Again, thanks for sharing!

Maty

Noting fancy. Got into woodworking 3 years ago when I retired. Mostly building and selling farmhouse dinning tables from my garage. So the longmill will be a new addition to my shop. There will be a new sheriff in my shop soon. The table measures 50"wide by 93" long.

4 Likes

Hi Mike, can you please tell me the minimum size of the table? I am verry limited with space! :frowning: and would like to order the 36x36 machine. Thanks for your time.

Not fully complete but progress nonetheless!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!
I would have to go measure which I can do a little later today. I made my table four feet square, but you could probably got down a bit on the size,but not much. I have the right rail on my machine up at the edge, the left rail has maybe 6 inches of extra space. I have my control box under the table. The back on the machine also has a few extra inches of room but less than the sides.

Having the table be 4x4 is probably easiest from a construction standpoint, unless you really, really are tight on space.

Mike

@Ismael A belated welcome to the group, Ismael. Somehow I missed your post. Not very welcoming of me. Sorry about that. Aside from my slipup, I know that you will find members here always willing to help with issues and reply to questions. Please be sure to post your projects as you finish them.
It looks like your table is set up and ready to take the Mill. Keep us posted as you get set up.

2 Likes

@franazzo Welcome to the group, Franco. There are many experienced users here more than willing to help you get up and running and enjoying your Mill.

Just an FYI, the largest Mill is the 30 x 30 version. In terms of table size, this page will show you all the dimensions of your Mill

I think that most here go with a minimum table of 48 x 48 for the 30 x 30 Mill, but in a pinch you can go smaller. Remember that you need space for the controller box, but many mount it underneath the table top to get around that and to keep it out of the dust.

1 Like