Workspace selector seems bugged

So I never used different workspace, I only ever used g54, but, I just saw a video where selecting a new zero coordinate might be helpful.
So I tried selecting g55, but it seems that the selector top right jumps to g54, even though in the console and or zero works as expected.
So that would be very bad and confusing not knowing on what workspace I am.
Just me?

1 Like

I use that function all the time in 1.2.2, but that version is ancient history now. (I have various fixtures located within each workspace.)

What version are you using?

I’m on 1.4.5

Here’s some text to fill the minimum of 20 caracters needed :cry:

Nothing on this yet? Not even a, we’re looking at it?

1 Like

I don’t know if some of my long-winded verbage about my workspace management will help, but here it is.

If I remember correctly, there were problems in the software before 1.2.2, where the indicator etc. on screen would default back to P1 (G54) after every program stop. They fixed that to my knowledge. Perhaps it snuck back in?

Macros For My Workflow

We’ve looked at it and aren’t experiencing the same thing as you - workspace selection is working as expected. Do you see the G5X command sent in the console when selecting a new workspace? What does $G report as the current workspace modal? I seem to remember you running on non-standard GRBL so there might be some differences there.

i do see it changing in the console, it’s only the selector top right that stays on g54 no matter what i select
also, i’m not sure how the board and it’s firmware could affect the software

Here i recorded a short video, please let me know if i have to do something to fix it. Follow my mouse …
i forgot to mention, i believe the board has GRBL 1.1